• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incredible - Lug Nut Brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible - Lug Nut Brushes

Incredible - Lug Nut Brushes

Back in 1987 I had a good friend who started a Mobil Car Washing and Detailing Business, he had a couple of good accounts including the Salem, Oregon City Police Department and the Miller Brewing Distributorship in Eugene, Oregon.

While cleaning the wheels on the beer delivery trucks he came up with this idea for what he called a "Lug Nut Brush". He contacted an attorney, put together some money and tried to bring his idea onto the market.

I don't remember what happened but it seemed like it was something about the "Inventions" company that he went through to take the idea to a real product ripped him off and the product never materialized.

True Story. He's in the Navy now and with a little work I will contact him.

Anyway, we check our e-mail this morning and in the CMA newsletter low and behold...

Lug Nut Brushes

Guess it's a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Feel bad for my friend, it really was his idea back in 1987

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Incredible - Lug Nut Brushes

Ooh! That hurts, talk about being messed up :-(

Comment

yeah, that is to bad. I actually own a lug nut brush, but it is a cheap version (a couple bucks at checkers). it is amazing how many stories there are like this!
      Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

I have those...they work pretty good too. There is one to use by hand and another that can be attached to a cordless drill.
        -Bob
        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

I also have a lugnut brush that I have had for a couple of years. I have since retired it in favor of the cheapo foam paint brushes, with the plastic handles. I can get a pack with about 10 brushes of assorted sizes (widths) at Wal Mart for @ $3. These brushes work well for getting around the lug nuts, and in crevaces of the wheels. The best thing is that they are so cheap that you can just throw them out after a few washes, and use a new one.

Comment

Thanks for the good idea. I never taught of that as i never saw one. Guess i will make one out of a barber's brush . Hope some day your friend will be back to detailing.

Comment

Originally posted by houndlover View Post
              I also have a lugnut brush that I have had for a couple of years. I have since retired it in favor of the cheapo foam paint brushes, with the plastic handles. I can get a pack with about 10 brushes of assorted sizes (widths) at Wal Mart for @ $3. These brushes work well for getting around the lug nuts, and in crevaces of the wheels. The best thing is that they are so cheap that you can just throw them out after a few washes, and use a new one.
              Great idea! I'm planning to buy some of those to apply Natural Shine to the trim on the Volvo - now I can get double duty out of them! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by G Force View Post
                Hope some day your friend will be back to detailing.
                Pretty sure he's attached to the U.S. Abraham Lincoln. Joined the Navy the last year possible for age cut-off. Real tough guy, great detailer.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thats ashame it did not work out for him, with the lugnut brushes. I guess he was just ahead of his time. Here's hoping he stays safe on the Abraham.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    [B]Guess it's a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
                    So true

Comment

Think how I feel..... I invented the internet !
                      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                          Think how I feel..... I invented the Internet !

Wow!

Superior Shine is really Al Gore!

You just never know who's hiding behind a forum nickname...

Besides a coding genius, you're a pretty good detailer Al
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Similar to the tire brush Zymol sells. Great tool.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');