• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question about Foam Applicator Pads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about Foam Applicator Pads...

when they're all full of wax and/or other products, are there ways to clean them or just simply try to dust them off? if not do you just get new ones? i try dusting them off as much as i can but i know theres still product in them.

Re: Quick question about Foam Applicator Pads...

I used to clean them with some APC but last time I tried Dawn Power Dissolver and it worked great. I can't wait to try it out on some older dirty ones.
    Scott

Comment

I throw them in the wash with my MF and some dawn and normal liquid detergent and no softener. Finally, into the dryer with no fabric sheet, and it works great. PS, you can also do it by hand.

Comment

You just mean the hand applicators?

I agree, soaking in some dish soap then wringing out seems to be best.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

yeah the ones by hand. so you can throw them into the washer along with your MF? i think i'll have to try both methods

Comment

yup, I clean them that way all the time.

Comment

I put mine in the washer after each use.

Also, DONT use them with the rain-x. I used one to put it on all my side windows and it broke down the pad, I even washed it right after using it. That stuff is some rough stuff!
              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

If you want to re-use your applicator pads, you need to first wash them by hand so you can squish the saturated product out of the inside of them. After that you can throw them in the washing machine and the dryer like you would normally wash anything else.

The washing machine doesn't have little hands that grab your pads and squish them, so if you really want them clean you do this part first and then wash them.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I use Dawn and wash them by hand unless they are stained then I throw them away and buy new ones they are not very expensive.
                  Some sealants come out better if you let the applicator soak in APC
                  Black Bart

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    The washing machine doesn't have little hands that grab your pads and squish them, so if you really want them clean you do this part first and then wash them.
                    I agree. I just use dish soap and fill the sink and squish them around then rinse and let them air dry. Have plenty on board

Aaron
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                      I used to clean them with some APC but last time I tried Dawn Power Dissolver and it worked great. I can't wait to try it out on some older dirty ones.
                      I use Dawn Power Dissolver as well. I spray it on the pads and let the sit for about 15 minutes then squezze them out by hand. Sometimes when using NXT I might have to repeat the process. Rinse with hot water and your done. I place them on a rack in my garage to dry.

Tic

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');