• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What products for my kayak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What products for my kayak?

Wow first post this section on the new boards!!!! I feel special.

I recently purchased a rotomolded plastic kayak that could use some general cleaning and attention. Some rust like stains are in the inside from water setting on metal as well as a general hazy film on the outside.
    Any suggestions?
    I do have some PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish as well as assorted Meguir's waxes and quick detailer in the garage.

Re: What products for my kayak?

You could use "303" protectant. The biggest problem with the appearance of kayaks is the effect of the sun. I store my kayak in a bag when I am not paddling. It is a kevlar/fiberglass hull about five years old with very little fading. Anyway, the appearance doesn't affect the performance in the water in any way, and most kayakers see a kayak as "gear".
    Art Layton
    2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

Originally posted by jailed View Post
      I recently purchased a rotomolded plastic kayak that could use some general cleaning and attention.
      You might try some ColorX, this is a cleaner/wax and applied by hand with a little passion and it should remove any rust stains, haziness etc.

It's around $8.00 a bottle, you can find it anywhere and if it works you're good to go and if it doesn't work then probably nothing will work, so it's an in-expensive test and you can always use the ColorX on just about any painted car or truck you own.

Chances are good it will work for what you want to do.

ColorX

Although the below car is painted, you can see the power of ColorX

Here's what ColorX did by hand to a 1947 Plymouth Coupe,

Before - Horrible Swirls throughout the finish

First we removed the white paint overspray using Meguiar's Quik Clay System now replaced with Smooth Surface Clay Kit.

Then applied one hand application of ColorX followed by one hand application of NXT Tech Wax Liquid

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Is that single stage paint? Did the ColorX remove the scratches or just fill them in? I am amazed that ColorX could remove those swirls by hand.

Comment

Amazing

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');