• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only 1 using UDQ only for it's Hydrophobic qualities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only 1 using UDQ only for it's Hydrophobic qualities?

When UDQ 1st came out, i bought a bottle. I used it as a QD. After the entire bottle, i noticed the fomular was too watery, thus not having sufficient lubricating properties. Leading to swirls and micro scratches on my paint.

I now only use NXT SD as a QD as it is thicker.

I did buy another bottle of UQD, but only for it's Hydrophobic ability. I use it one every 2 weeks to help the water bead off the paint.

Anyone else doing this?

Re: Am I the only 1 using UDQ only for it's Hydrophobic qualities?

Originally posted by daniel View Post
    When UDQ 1st came out, i bought a bottle. I used it as a QD. After the entire bottle, i noticed the fomular was too watery, thus not having sufficient lubricating properties. Leading to swirls and micro scratches on my paint.

I now only use NXT SD as a QD as it is thicker.

I did buy another bottle of UQD, but only for it's Hydrophobic ability. I use it one every 2 weeks to help the water bead off the paint.

Anyone else doing this?
    The viscosity of a QD in no way determines its lubricating properties. If a person is trying to remove heavy dust with a QD, you will get swirls regardless of brand of product. If the dust build up is sufficient enough the safest method is to wash the paint with a carwash soap and water. QD's are only designed for removing very light dust and fingerprints.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I use this product to keep my car looking it's best all the time, it leaves the paint slick and glossy looking. Just about every time I pull into a gas station to buy some gas, people walk over and comment on how glassy the paint looks.

Love this product. Our chemist hit a home run with this formula.

In our Saturday class last weekend we asked what the Honda S2000 and Chrysler Crossfire owners that were using it what they thought of it and it was an overwhelming thumbs up.

About the only time I've ever seen anyone complain about it is on another forum, which never surprises us.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

mmmm, maybe i better spray more product!

Comment

You could try misting on a little more product and only wipe a small area at a time. Recently we watched a guy to to spray the entire front hood and tops of his fenders on a newer Corvette and then wipe it down, that's too large an area.

Should be about 20" square or so...

Make sure your microfibers a clean and dry and remember that mist and wipe products are for removing,

Light Dust
          Fingerprints
          Smudges

Anything dirtier than this and you should probably wash the vehicle.

Worse comes to worse you can always take advantage of our satisfaction guarantee.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I guess I tend to spray a bit more when I am in dust removal mode rather than just shining up after a wash.

But being a daily driver, I almost always just wash.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              I guess I tend to spray a bit more when I am in dust removal mode rather than just shining up after a wash.

But being a daily driver, I almost always just wash.

SYDSTER

Comment

Does anyone use a California Duster, then a detail spray? This is my process on my mostly garaged vehicle.
                2006 Chopped and Dropped Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

Comment

I use UQD after each wash to bring that just waxed look and feel back. It also makes it bead like crazy and lets those bugs fall off the front when washing.
                  Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Just recently used UQD for the first time and i think it is an amazing product.

Comment

Originally posted by pcmark View Post
                      Does anyone use a California Duster, then a detail spray? This is my process on my mostly garaged vehicle.
                      That is exactly what I do and am very happy with the results! I use an Oxo car duster that works very well. If the dust is removed every day and not allowed to build up, this process will not scratch the paint. It doesn't take that long if you keep up with it. I even used this process on my black Trans Am where swirls would show up very easily.

I find the UQD to have plenty of lubricity and have had no issues with scratches, swirls, or marring. Having said that NXT Speed Detailer is also very good and would be my second choice. I prefer the UQD for its hydrophobic properties and reduced dust attraction.

RamAirV1
                      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

My car is the R56 Mini so the work area isn't that big to work on panel-by-panel.

Say if the car has light dust, would it be better to just hose it down, then wiped dry with UDQ, or just misting with UDQ will be good enough?

Comment

Make sure you shake it up too, I shake it up between panels on the car, just habit now and do it without thinking about it.

I use it and it's awesome.

Aaron
                          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I used UQD on my black car, and it did very well. I didn't notice a difference in beading, but we have had only snow so far so it is hard to say. I really like the product. Only complaint I have is the sprayer. I know that isn't under Meguiar's control, but I had UQD leak all over my luggage. Lucky it was mostly detailing products in there anyways.
                            Patrick Yu
                            2003 Honda Accord
                            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by pcmark View Post
                              That's my procedure with my black Corvette, which is daily driven and spends about 4-5 nights a week parked outside. (we only have one garage spot, and my wife gets home from work before me, so I don't feel like moving the cars around, except on the weekends)
                              2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');