• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New 2008 “What type of Mitt do you use?”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The New 2008 “What type of Mitt do you use?”

I like the sheepskin mitt sold by Mercedes-Benz USA, though it is very expensive. If I am diligent, I may be able to find a good sheepskin mitt at lower price.

I think a sheepskin mitt should have hairs with adequate length and stiffness. Some have too long and soft hairs so that the hairs lay neatly flat instead of being randomly curled to provide cushion and cleaning power.

Comment

Meguiar’s Chenille for me. A cheapo Chenille for the wheels.
      If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I posted on the older one before i realized this is the newer poll so ill add in here to. I use both a ultra plush micro fiber and 100% lambs wool mitts
        ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
        Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
        210-281-8151

Comment

Shmitt works the best for me. Why? because it lasts. All those chenille, and terry mitt either tear or become useless after just 10-12 washes, making you buy again...That's republican way, I went democratic way, and bought something that lasts.
          Tried the Ulti-Mitt, not bad, but still prefer Shmitt over it.

Comment

ADS sells the SM Arnold sheep skin wool mitts...wow, they're amazing. Very high quality and fantastic price.

Comment

goal achieved. now i have good info to go with when i need to replace the walmart mf mitt i picked up and have now used 4 times.
              last summer i used a lambswool from napa and it worked great, but after 3 months it had finally had its lash hoorah.

i am also planning to do the 2 bucket method now that i know what it is.

thanx

Monty
              2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 40th Anniversary Edition
              Dark Cherry Metallic in color NOT purple, plum, maroon or any other color you think it might be.

Comment

megs chenille, and some knock off mf wash mitt for wheels..

also heard a lot about the grout sponge, and will pick one up to try soon..

Comment

MF mitt from Advance Auto Parts. It's bright green. I like it for the amount of soap/water it carries. Better than my old fake lambs wool. What I don't like is I am finding bright green threads in small crevices.
                  Rob A.
                  '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                  '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

I have been using the shmitt since the beginning of spring,I like the way it fits on my hand and the way the dirt is easy to rinse out of it.But the only downfall to it,is it split in half after about 30 car washes.I wash able to glue it back together.but my opinion is I really don't think its going to last as long as a lambs wool wash mitt.I had my last wash mitt for 2 years and put it down for the shmitt,I bought the double set from ADS for around $30.00.the black one is for wheels and tires and wheel wells ,it works great with no problems.It could have been my fault the white Shmitt spit because I would rinse it off and empty and rinse my wash bucket,then toss it in the wash bucket and not hang it to dry.So,if anyone decides to try the Smhitt,rinse it out and hang up to dry.
                    barry

Comment

Lambswool for washing, microfiber for the Last Touch\quick detailing treatment. Unfortunately there was no way to split my vote, so I just chose lambswool since that's the mitt I wash with.

Comment

ive been taught to use lambswool for washing, so thats what ive always used. Ive had my last mitt for....YEARS, and its just now starting to have the wool fall out of it!!!!! Plan to buy a few new ones from ADS here shortly!
                        Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
                        1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
                        1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

I use the 10in Boars hair brush with telescoping handle

Comment

Armor All dreadlock MF mitt works for me, holds a lot of suds and rinses out clean

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');