• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the photos

just uploaded 4 photos; 3 of my Z and 1 of the current fog. I think it was thicker this morning.
    foggy conditions but successful with Tech Wax photos

Comment

Re: Here are the photos

Originally posted by Keo
      just uploaded 4 photos; 3 of my Z and 1 of the current fog. I think it was thicker this morning.
      foggy conditions but successful with Tech Wax photos
      Looks good to me Keo,

Did you notice any of the problems as described by 3rd_inf ing the orginal message that started this thread?

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's a picture of my wife Lynn wiping the NXT Tech wax off of a black 1999 Corvette C5 with factory paint. (hard paint by the way).

Actually it's just her hand, she didn't want to be in my photo. She said it wiped off easily, left no streaks, or haze.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Just to make sure, I had her back the Corvette up into full sun.

Here are some shots, I hope they show there is no haze, streaks, or cloudiness. It also dried quickly, and although it was ready to wipe off at the 15-20 minute mark, because of photo processing and responding to other messages, I didn't get Lynn out to wipe it off until approximately 35 minutes later.

The above photo was taken with my Cannon Digital Rebel, no altering in any wax except to resize to 700 pixels wide.

The section on the left was machine cleaned with a rotary buffer, then a PC then one coat of NXT Tech Wax was applied and allowed to dry for 35 minutes before removing.

The center section was the area I taped off and nothing has been done to this paint except to wash and clay it.

The section on the right was polished using only the PC and then one coat of NXT Tech Wax was applied and allowed to dry for 35 minutes before removing.

The above photo was taken with my Sony FD97, no altering in any wax except to resize to 700 pixels wide.

The section waxed with NXT Tech Wax were clear as a whistle. Lynn's grandpa is coming over tomorrow, he's a almost 89 years old and a Veteran of World War II He was actually a driver for President Eisenhower. In an effort to test NXT's ease of wipe off, tonight after finishing the Corvette, I'll apply a second coat of NXT Tech Wax to the entire hood and then let him wipe it off when he gets here and I'll post his comments.

I'm hoping the problems 3rd_inf experienced were either product related, as in somehow he got a bottle with bad product, or perhaps paint specific, maybe there's something about the paint on his particular Corvette that is the cause of the problem.

Hard to tell without being there in person to inspect it, or the bottle of wax. If your read this 3rd_inf, just PM me your shipping address and I'll send you a free replacement bottle, and include a pre-paid shipping box to send us back your bad bottle.

We'll try to get to the root of the problem. The problems maybe just as simple as the product froze as others have suggested, or it was really cold?

I mean with all the hoopla and stuff about NXT on one of the Corvette forums, I want to make sure that we do everything possible to troubleshoot the problem and see you through to success!

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike I e-mailed you my response to your post. Thank you for your concern. Gary

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd-inf
              Mike I e-mailed you my response to your post. Thank you for your concern. Gary
              Hi Gary,

I tried to check my e-mail just now and for some reason I can't access it. I have to go back out to the garage and keep working on the 1999 Corvette.

I'll try to check it later and get back to you.

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Man, I'd guess that he used the Tech Protectant rather than the Tech Wax. In the first post, he calls it "Tech Product". If it was a bad bottle, there'd be lots of them. My first bottle was partially frozen, and when it thawed I shook it and it was fine.

Tom
                As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

I applied NXT in very low temperatures (35-40 degrees) and it dried quite quickly and came off very easy and it was clean and very clear. I think Mosca has the right answer, "protectant".

Comment

in my expereirences the only time wax has taken a longtime to dry was when it was put on way to thick

Comment

I used the NXT TECH wax in the odd shaped plastic bottle. Does everyone on this forum think I'm stupid, I know the difference.

Comment

guys i think he would of noticed that the bottle had a spray nozzle the top before applying it to his paint.Has anybody ever doen that before.?

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd-inf
                          I used the NXT TECH wax in the odd shaped plastic bottle. Does everyone on this forum think I'm stupid, I know the difference.
                          I second what Tim said, you'll only find people here that want to help you get the results you're looking for.

I'm not going to rule out the possibility of a bad bottle of product, it's happened before, (not with Tech Wax, it' too new, but other products).

Mike
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Naw man, don't draw that conclusion. If you're human, you've done something like that, and if you did, it wouldn't make you stupid, it would make you normal. I've done stuff like that lots of times in my almost 50 years, and as I get older it becomes more frequent. And you have to admit, it was a possible solution that fit the description of the problem. My most recent similar mistake was using Tarminator instead of Invisible Glass on my windows; hey, both made by Stoner's, both in the same size can with yellow caps, right next to each other on the shelf, and me not paying attention. It happens.

Tom
                            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');