• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Class with Marconi Museum at Meguiar's - Pictures & Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Class with Marconi Museum at Meguiar's - Pictures & Comments

Open Class with Marconi Museum at Meguiar's January 26th, 2008

Class starts first thing tomorrow morning at 8:00am

See everyone here at Meguiar's!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Open Class with Marconi Museum at Meguiar's

Class starts in a few hours!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Open Class with Marconi Museum at Meguiar's - Pictures & Comments

Mike,
      Thanks for a great class!
      You and Ben should get a raise for all the great info!
      Keep it going!

Comment

The class is very informative. I personally really enjoyed the hands on part. Its good to actually see how to work certain polishes instead of just reading about it. Mike and Tim, I mean Ben were very helpful. Oh and thanks for the free bottle of UQD, can't wait to try it out. Thanks again guys.

Comment

Hey everyone, thanks for being a such a fun class!

Here's a few pics from the day, more on Monday....

Another full class!

Thank you to Bobby for letting us demo on his Jaguar!

A special thanks to Stacy for flying from Albany, Oregon for our class!
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, awesome baby, definitely a two experiance.

The information gained is truely invaluable.

Both classroom & on hands training was well explained.

I feel even more confidant about tackling some detailing challenges I wouldn't have in the past.

I did forget to ask you or Ben one question though. During the video I noticed what I thought looked like an engine bay cleaner, do you offer such a product and if so whats it called.

Thanks again Obiwan of the detailing world!

Comment

Thanks for a great class!!! I can't wait to get my order delivered, and get to work!!

Comment

I'll keep my schedule clear for the next open class!

Comment

great class mike. i cant wait for thursday nights to start up again and to try out all the new products you guys put out

Comment

Oh my, the guru of the detail world is Mike Phillips. This class is a must for someone
                    needing questions answered ( I asked a lot) and seeing hands on demonstrations.Mike and Ben were extremely knowledgeable and quite funny! Do yourself a favor and sign up for any of the classes , heck, nothing else is FREE!

Bobbykart
                    San Diego Panteras

Comment

Mike and Ben (aka Tim)
                      This was a great learning opportunity for me to have my skills & knowledge reviewed by the gurus. I got some great feedback and new tips from the class. All the reading in the world cannot compare with hands on technique review. Everyone was friendly and welcoming ...car folks are always friendly no matter where you go! I heartily recommend this class to everyone that can make the opportunity to attend a reality. I especially loved the great weather in Irvine...it was 14 degrees with snow on the gound when I left for the class and it snowed 3 inches while I was driving home from the airport. I came back confident and ready to tackle the next car...as soon as the hoses thaw out!

Stacy Hart
                      South Pacific Tire & Wheel
                      Albany, Oregon

Comment

We couldn't turn down the black Jaguar for our Demo Car, the body lines on this car are a work of art but the finish needs to be Meguiarized!

Here's a shot of the deck-lid using the flash of the camera to highlight the swirls.

Here's the same picture only we've cropped out the fluff to highlight the defects. The white thing in the picture is a small piece of detailing clay we placed on the paint to help the camera focus on the surface to capture the swirls, scratches and the bird dropping etching.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After Evaluating the Surface, it was time to get to work and put the things we learned in the classroom, (Head Knowledge), into practice in the garage, (Hands-On Training)

After letting the wax dry for about 15 minutes or so we performed the Swipe Test to check to see if the wax wax completely dry and ready to wipe off.

If the wax is ready to remove after swiping your clean finger over the wax, the paint will look clear and shiny. If where you wiped the wax is smeary this indicates the wax has not completely dried and you need to wait longer before removing.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Next up, we're going to pull the car outside of the garage and take a look at the results in the sun.

What's great about our Saturday classes is that after learning the correct techniques for working on paint by hand or machine, everyone has a chance to see the real-world results first hand and this usually takes any doubt out of anyone's mind that what the learned about products and process is dead on accurate because they can see proof with their own two eyes.

We have people look at the finish before we start and ask them to lock into their memory how the paint looks before we work on the car. Then we encourage everyone to inspect the results themselves with the most critical eye to see for themselves what Meguiar's can do on our demo car knowing if they take the knowledge and skills acquired at our Saturday class home with them they can duplicate these kinds of results on their car in their garage.

Here's a section cropped out of the above picture in original, full size.
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike aka Extreme Klean on our forum brought his brand new Volvo and some of his Volvo friends and club members with him...

We also had a few members from the SoCalLX forum attend who by the way have a dedicated class set up for their club in August.

August 2nd - SoCalLX.com

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');