• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New G-110 Review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New G-110 Review!

Tim,
    Great write-up as usual. Your posts are always very informitive. Really liked how you adjusted the handle and commented your thoughts in the different positions. BTW the Corolla looks great. Thanks again.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Can the bail be used on the G100?

Thanks for this review Tim! If it's breaking down #2 like you said, then it's got a lot more power than the G100.......torque I mean.

Have you tried with the new #105?
      www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by justin30513 View Post
        Hey Justin,

As you know M105 is for use by rotary and hand only. But of course you know me I had to try it ( ) and to be honest, I am going to stick with using the rotary when using M105. So while the G-110 has more power, it still is not a rotary. Perhaps on some paints, M105 and a G-110 may be possible, but it is not recommended by Meguiar's.

I never tried the G-110's bail handle on the G-100. As soon as I get a chance, I will take a look and see if it does fit.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
          Hey everyone,

The extra torque provided by the G-110 is very noticeable over the G-100!

Nice review Tim, actually, GREAT review and you pointed out one of the best features of our new polisher and that is that it has MORE POWER than the Porter Cable unit and this is key because this means people with this tool are going to have an easier time removing below surface defects like swirls and scratches.

This is a feature Meguiar's purposefully built into the design. The hardest part of detailing a car, especially a car where the paint has been neglected or abused is removing the below surface defects. The way you remove below surface defects is you have to remove a little paint in an effort to level the surface to the lowest depth the deepest swirls and scratches. This is done best when the pad is ROTATING, not just vibrating against the paint.

Our new G110 and the G220, (for use in countries outside the U.S.), offers more power which shows up as more rotating ability under pressure. This translates into faster and easier removal of defects.

To anyone reading this, if you want a show car finish on your car then you want this tool.

Great review Tim, thank you.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the review Tim!

I only see one problem... What am I going to do with my G100 now? lol
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
              Thanks for the review Tim!

I only see one problem... What am I going to do with my G100 now? lol
              I have the same problem. I might just use it as a carpet/leather scrubber. Ok. I will be not might!

I'm going to get the G110 very soon!
              www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
                Well without taking the thread too far off course, here are a couple more of the car taken previously...

Tim
                You have to have pics of the finished car when doing a review so it's not off topic.

Comment

Nice write-up, Tim.

Your write-ups are always as meticulous and detailed as, well- Your DETAIL WORK!

I hope someday soon we get to team up on a project together.

You've been 'Flying Under the Radar' for far too long...

LET'S ALL GIVE PROPS TO TIM FOR DOING A GREAT JOB HERE AT MOL!!!

Kevin Brown
                  NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

What Kevin said!

The shine is so bright it looks like it's been chromed!

RamAirV1
                    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Wow that car looks great Tim!
                      Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by justin30513 View Post
                        Can the bail be used on the G100?

Thanks for this review Tim! If it's breaking down #2 like you said, then it's got a lot more power than the G100.......torque I mean.

Hey Justin,

I found out a couple of interesting things comparing the G-100 to the new G-110. Yes the bail handle physical fits, but the thread pattern is different. So if you wanted to use the new handle on the G-100, you would have to source bolts to fit.

Tim

Comment

Hey everyone,

Just a further update...

I have discovered a couple of interesting differences between the G-100 and the new G-110.

The New G-110 shaft nut for attaching a backing plate is a different size to that of the G-100. Therefore, you must use the supplied wrench for the G-110 and use the supplied wrench for the G-100.

I also found that the bolts to hold on the bail handle on the G-110 are a different size to that of the G-100's side handle. To attach the bail handle of the new G-110, you use the supplied Allen wrench or a 6 mm Allen head socket.

I am still playing but will update the thread regularly.

Tim

Comment

Without looking, I wonder if the Makita has the correct thread size on it's bail handle?

If you know the threads-per-inch they may have a suitable bolt at Ace Hardware.

That being said, I prefer the side handle or no handle at all. So that means there would be a thread size issue using the side mount handle from the G100 with the G110.

RamAirV1
                            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
                              Nice write-up, Tim.

Your write-ups are always as meticulous and detailed as, well- Your DETAIL WORK!

I hope someday soon we get to team up on a project together.

You've been 'Flying Under the Radar' for far too long...

LET'S ALL GIVE PROPS TO TIM FOR DOING A GREAT JOB HERE AT MOL!!!

Without question Tim does a great job with the forum and is a very meticulous detailer!

Andy
                              101impala
                              Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

that has got to be the cleanest looking corrolla on this planet!
                                Mike La
                                Southern California
                                2006 Mercedes Benz S55 AMG
                                1997 Toyota Supra T88h Turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');