• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacuming floor and floor mats like mowing the lawn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuming floor and floor mats like mowing the lawn?

I think that it gives the car a professional look and shows the customer you pay attention to detail.

What do you think of it?

Re: Vacuming floor and floor mats like mowing the lawn?

makes it look like a golf course green.
    on, people!

Comment

What kind of vaccuum are you using to get that result?

Andy
      101impala
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I agree with ya there. That's one of the things that adds a finished look IMO.

Oh about the kind of vacuum...what I use is one of those attachments that come with house vacs with the little beater bar. I guess they are supposed to be for pet hair, but they work awesome on car interiors. I use it with a Shop Vac (the house vac doesn't really have enough suction to make it work right but the Shop Vac does).
        Lydia's Mobile Detailing
        Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
        2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

It's funny watching people get in and not wanting to mess up the lines too.

Now if only I could get those lines in my house carpet when I vacuum.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post

that would be funny

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post
              What kind of vaccuum are you using to get that result?

Andy
              101impala
              Yes they come with house vacs and for some reason the makers of the vacume dont make the vacume strong enough to spin the bristles or you could use a brush with stationary bristles to get the look.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post

Lol yeah. Sometimes I pick up cars and bring them to my house to detail. The only problem with that is, when I am driving the car back I have to keep my feet off the carpet or else I'll mess it up! My quads are usually sore by the time I get there lol.

Having cleaned professionally for 5 years, that is something housecleaners try to do (at least the ones I cleaned with). A lot of times the people I cleaned for had nice carpet that had been maintained well so you could make lines somewhat like that in it. That's one the of things we (my Aunt and I cleaned together) did...we would vacuum out of the room so as to leave lines there without any footprints. It makes a nice finishing touch.
                Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

It seems like the little details that one does. Are what is most memorable. Like the lines on the carpet. That is what the client will remember. Not the awesome shine on the paint.

My wife use to clean houses professionally, and she was taught the diamond pattern on house carpet. It looks pretty good. Even tho thats my job now.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

I think it looks pretty sweet. I have one of those brushes with my Little green machine so I may try to do that next time I detail my interior. Only thing is I have Highland floor mats so it covers all that up. Im not about to take those out so people can see the lines either! No one has ever put a foot on my mats!

Lydia, you cleaning houses when you were 12?
                    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I've always think it's a nice add.

Comment

I guess I'm the only one that can't stand those lines. I've never thought they looked good in any vehicle. Just my opinion - don't judge me by that, please.

Colin
                        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                          I guess I'm the only one that can't stand those lines. I've never thought they looked good in any vehicle. Just my opinion - don't judge me by that, please.

Colin
                          you have issues Colin
                          Bill Poirier
                          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post

Colin
                            I agree with you, if I wanted striped mats, I would go out and get them

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD View Post
                              you have issues Colin
                              Hey, no judging!!
                              A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');