• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just bought a hutchins waterbug 3 need.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just bought a hutchins waterbug 3 need.....

advise on the proper tech in using this machine and which systems are best norton or 3m. if i learn to do this right could relly make a hard job easier . please I am all ears

Re: just bought a hutchins waterbug 3 need.....

Anyone used the Hutchins Water bug III ? Can the Mirka abrolon disks be used on this sander? did not see any results on any of my searches.Thanks

Comment

bradszr1s,

The technique for using your Waterbug III should be pretty much the same as for any other DA sander but you won’t have to do as much water spritzing since it has the built-in water feed.

I was trained on the Mirka system and would highly recommend it. But I’ve also used 3M’s Trizact products and they're excellent too. I’ve never tried Norton.

Here’s a great series of videos: 5 Video segments on wet-sanding and using a rotary buffer

If your sander has a normal “hook” faced backing plate it will work for Mirka. If it has the reversed “loop” plate it’s set up for 3M Trizact. Personally, I’d get both type plates so I’d have the option of using anybody’s abrasives.

ADCOX,

Yes, you can use Mirka disks with the Waterbug. (Hutchins even calls out some Mirka abrasives in their instructions.)

PC.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Hutchins 7544 vs the Mirka Bulldog, which would you choose for the wet sanding process if you were going the air powered DA route?

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');