• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lexan tops on corvettes how can I polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lexan tops on corvettes how can I polish?

i have a lexan top on my 90 corvette it seemsit have what looks like weather cking on it can any thing be done to restore it ?

Re: lexan tops on corvettes how can I polish?

If Meguiar's doesn't have anything, you might try a product called Micro Mesh. You can usually find it in woodworking supply stores & catalogs. It is an abrasive cloth that comes several differnt grits. I have 6000, 8000, & 12000. I don't know if it comes finer than 12000 or not. It was developed to polish windshields on airplanes. If you can find some you might want to get a piece of lexan from Lowes or Home Depot and practice. I have used it to polish wood products I have made & it wooks really good on wood.

Dave
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Re: lexan tops on corvettes how can I polish?

Lexan is a plastic material. Meguiar's makes PlastX especially for clear plastics and it works miracles.

Give PlastX a try and see what you come up with.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');