• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting Pics Old Forum vs New Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Pics Old Forum vs New Forum

On the old forum I was able to post pics but now with the new forum when I go to post those same pics it is telling me the pic is too large. I havent modified the pictures in any way, they come directly from a CD. Does anyone have any idea why and any suggestions on what to do so I can post my pics? Thank you.

Re: Posting Pics Old Forum vs New Forum

Too large mb wise, or too large in dimension?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The old (new) forum automatically sized them on upload. But it would upload them into its own local format and you couldn’t post them anywhere else on the web. They were stuck in the forum.

The new (old, old) forum requires that they be resized to fit. The current forum allows you to post the pics in other forums and the resizing allows them to viewed without scroll bars on most monitors.

The current way may be more difficult for somebody who only wants to view them here. But it’s terrific for those of us who like show off the pics you see here in other places.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc View Post
        The old (new) forum automatically sized them on upload. But it would upload them into its own local format and you couldn’t post them anywhere else on the web. They were stuck in the forum.

The new (old, old) forum requires that they be resized to fit. The current forum allows you to post the pics in other forums and the resizing allows them to viewed without scroll bars on most monitors.

The current way may be more difficult for somebody who only wants to view them here. But it’s terrific for those of us who like show off the pics you see here in other places.

PC.
        I guess I am going to have to learn how to resize then because I would like to post my pics. I didnt mind the old forum format cause I only care about posting my pics on this forum.

Comment

To e mail or post photos i set my sony camera on v.g.a before taking the photos .It's not the best quality mode,it goes fast in e mails and uploads.
          I also don't know yet how to re-size photos.

Comment

You’d normally use some form of photo editing software to resize and make any other adjustments you want. Photoshop is one way to do it but there are lots of programs with the capability.

Mike posted a thread with an example of a program that’s available as a free download: How to resize your photos before uploading

PC.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');