• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**New** Meguiar's #105 Ultra Cut Compound Review!!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **New** Meguiar's #105 Ultra Cut Compound Review!!!!

It's magic!

No other way to define it.
    -Bob
    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Finishing up a vehicle right now, all with M105 and a rotary. Just changing pads. I'll have the results up in a day or so.

Nick
      2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
      2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
        WELL THANKS A LOT, Jason!

I look like a fool now.. I BELIEVED you when you told me...

"I mixed in Pixie Dust, Kevin. Shhhhhh..."

Ha-ha. Very funny.
        Well, thanks a lot Kevin. You told the world about our secret ingredient. Now I'll have to answer to all the candy stores that have no Pixie Dust because we cornered the supply!

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001 View Post
          The problem is that the abrasive can easily be "extracted" from the solution (I'm sure your competitors have). Unlike waxes/sealants, polishes are much easier to reverse engineer, as the only real mystery is in the lubrication and oil in the polish, and even then its not as difficult as most lsp's, where the mixing temperatures and pressures are more guess work.
          We wish them luck

M105 seems to defy a couple of Meguiar's previous logics, one that diminishing abrasives are better. I understand technology moves forward, and I for one am excited to see Meguiar's leading the pack!
          Thank you, but we are definitely not abandoning our "Diminishing Abrasive Technology" which we started offering in 1901. In fact, if you look back at time, and compare our technology to some of the "Rocks in a Bottle" that were available back in time, our "Diminishing Abrasive Technology" was far superior. However, due to our advances in technology ( yes we do have our own lab and full staff of chemists on site here in Irvine, Ca) as well as paint technology, we discovered a new solution for this type of product / customer (M105 that is). With that said, we still strongly believe in all of our products that contain our "Diminishing Abrasives" and we will continue to to utilize our "Diminishing Abrasive Technology" in the future in the right products.

I am also curious as why (as Tim stated) the product is worked until it is broken down, when it doesn't break down? Also, the abrasives that initially cut the paint (at a rate of 12) would also leave micro marring if they are still that aggressive during wipe off.
          There are so many more factors that go into "cutting" than just the "size" of the abrasive. That is the information that is propriety.

I understand that you guys won't go into detail and understand the reasons why, but from the the numerous formulators I have spoken with, they have assured me that the reality is that the abrasives are breaking down, whether they are called "diminishing" or not.
          You are right...in the big picture most everything breaks down over time including the road we drive on....However, there are variables in our formulations where the time it takes to "breakdown" can be controlled 100%. For example, is it 3 passes or 300 passes with a rotary buffer to get that "breakdown" effect you refer to. Therefore, our non diminishing abrasive technology is far different than our diminishing abrasive technology.

Thanks though and I look forward to giving M105 a try.
          Great ! We look forward to your thoughts when you actually try M105

Now...with all that said, lets just let M105 prove itself in the eyes of each user, and we ask that this thread not get any further sideways.

This thread was originally a GREAT review by Tim, and lets let is get back to that.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
          Mike Pennington
          Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
          Meguiar's, Inc.
          800-854-8073
          mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
            I agree but who is the ugly guy in the pics?
            Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Mike, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions
              Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Very nice review and information.

Now, the really big question.........when do we get it in Australia?
                Paul Marmarinos
                Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Great write up. I can't wait to get a bottle for myself.
                  Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                  www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                  Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Tim, Great write up as usual. Very informitve and well written. Thanks for taking the time to do it for us. More items to order. The list never ends. lol
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Based on reviews here and Autopia (Todd, aka TH001 seems to be blown away by the results!) I am actually eager to spend nearly $100 on a gallon of #105.
                      Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Just received my order for M105. Can't wait for the weather to clear so that I may try it.
                        Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax View Post
                          Based on reviews here and Autopia (Todd, aka TH001 seems to be blown away by the results!) I am actually eager to spend nearly $100 on a gallon of #105.
                          What can I say but: "Told you so"

Comment

2hotford, have u test M105 with W8006 ? If not what would u think about the outcome from it ? Similiar to Diamond polishing pad ??

Comment

Originally posted by g88 View Post
                              2hotford, have u test M105 with W8006 ? If not what would u think about the outcome from it ? Similiar to Diamond polishing pad ??
                              Morning,

Yes I have, but to be honest, it easier with the Wool Pads. With the W-8006 pad, it works, but you have to be really careful with how much product you are using and the speed of the rotary. In the end, after trying it with all kinds of combos, I found that the wool pads worked by far the best! Plus I am simply amazed at how well this product works!

Tim
                              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I used 8006 + 105 today and it worked just perfect !!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');