• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**New** Meguiar's #105 Ultra Cut Compound Review!!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **New** Meguiar's #105 Ultra Cut Compound Review!!!!

will be using this soon on some black swirled STi's
    Keep on polishing

Comment

#105, 8006 polishing pad and 1000 rpms...

What was amazing is how wet the finish looked and how minimal the holograms were.
      Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Great job there Scottwax! I ordered myself a bottle to use on a friends car. Never been properly detailed (I'll post before & after pictures) so I have my work cut out for me.
        K3AKE 147.555

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax View Post
          #105, 8006 polishing pad and 1000 rpms...

What was amazing is how wet the finish looked and how minimal the holograms were.
          Great job Scott!

Isn't it amazing how well M105 works! I just love the the stuff! Have you tried it with the types of pads (Wool) it was designed for use with, like the W-5000 Wool Pad? When you try that combo you will be simply amazed at what it can do!!!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
            Great job Scott!

Isn't it amazing how well M105 works! I just love the the stuff! Have you tried it with the types of pads (Wool) it was designed for use with, like the W-5000 Wool Pad? When you try that combo you will be simply amazed at what it can do!!!

Tim

2hotford,

Is the W-5000 wool pad a medium or heavy cut pad? I have some Edge 2k (Green) medium cut pads I want to try with 105.
            K3AKE 147.555

Comment

Tim-I've used it with the yellow Solo wool pad on Mercedes ceramiclear, did an excellent job with minimal holograms. Followed with 105 and an 8006 pad and it was pretty much LSP ready.
              Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by netspec View Post
                2hotford,

Is the W-5000 wool pad a medium or heavy cut pad? I have some Edge 2k (Green) medium cut pads I want to try with 105.
                The W-5000 Double Sided Wool Pad is Meguiar's most aggressive wool pad. The order of Meguiar's wool pads would be as follows:

From least aggressive to most aggressive,

W-7006 and W-7000
                So1o Light Cut Wool (Yellow)
                W4000
                So1o Heavy Cut Wool (Red)
                W5000 Double Sided

Here's a picture to show the order from least to most aggressive...

I hope this helps!

Tim

Comment

Yes it does! Thanks Tim.
                  K3AKE 147.555

Comment

Nice......thanks AGAIN Tim!

I'm looking at getting some of the SO1o wool pads. A lot of pros swear by them and not at them!
                    www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

I just received my bottle of #105! Think I'll give a try on the hood of my truck (silver '05 F150) this weekend.
                      K3AKE 147.555

Comment

Originally posted by netspec View Post
                        I just received my bottle of #105! Think I'll give a try on the hood of my truck (silver '05 F150) this weekend.

Cool! You will love the product!!!!!

Tim

Comment

Tim,

That hood picture (#5) is the money shot!!! You can see what looks to be a textured ceiling above it Great work!!
                          K3AKE 147.555

Comment

All i have to say that this one of the best write-ups on a product i seen in a long time. I did get to try the M105 at a friends house who had a bottle and the wetsanding marks it took off and using wool pads was the best product i seen on the market. I'm so glad that meguiar's had beat everyone to the punch with this product! Tim thank you for doing this thread on the M105. Best product for 2008!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Excellent write up.

Is it only advised to use 105 with a rotary or will it work with a DA (and what type of pad)

I was at the meguiars Open Garage Last night and I remember there was a bmw with some major imperfections in the hood. They tried multiple products with the DA but I don't remember if they tried 105 with the DA. However they eventually took out the Rotary and used some 105. I think that was followed up by some 2 to remove any hazing and a bit of polish. Then it was followed by NXT 2.0, It looked amazing!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                              Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewc_11890 View Post
                                Is it only advised to use 105 with a rotary or will it work with a DA (and what type of pad)
                                M105 was designed specifically for use with a rotary buffer.

While we have seen people have success with it on a D/A, we don't really recommend it because in many cases, it will be difficult to work with on the application and difficult to wipe off.

Instead of buyer beware, we could say "D/A Buffer Beware"

Mike
                                Mike Pennington
                                Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                                Meguiar's, Inc.
                                800-854-8073
                                mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');