• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**New** Meguiar's #105 Ultra Cut Compound Review!!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **New** Meguiar's #105 Ultra Cut Compound Review!!!!

Originally posted by andrewc_11890 View Post
    Excellent write up.

Is it only advised to use 105 with a rotary or will it work with a DA (and what type of pad)

I was at the meguiars Open Garage Last night and I remember there was a bmw with some major imperfections in the hood. They tried multiple products with the DA but I don't remember if they tried 105 with the DA. However they eventually took out the Rotary and used some 105. I think that was followed up by some 2 to remove any hazing and a bit of polish. Then it was followed by NXT 2.0, It looked amazing!
    Mike Stoops can clarify what was used on the BMW but the question should probably be posted to the pictures and comments thread for the class last night.

Last Night at Meguiar's Garage!

Full house last night which ended with two cool Fords getting
    warmed over at Meguiar's Garage!

Click here to read more or add your comments...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
      Cool! You will love the product!!!!!

Tim
      Tim,
      I would like to see you try it with a DA, as some of us do not own a rotary, but do need a little more help some times. It would be nice to see which pads and speeds used what this stuff could do on water spots bird dropping etc. I have a Thunder Gray Tundra that when done up right has a un believable finish in the sun, or under street lamps. But I would like to take it to the next step, so I can learn and keep up it's replacement finish on a high note also.
      Kevin
      Kevin

Comment

That was a very helpful write up!

I'm working on a '99 Lexus ES300 black and scratched to the max. Beautiful leather inside and only 113K but the paint.....heartbreak.

I started with scratchX and went to #2 fine-cut cleaner and it's coming but maybe 105 would be better.
        Question: When using #2FCC I apply it till it starts to clump up and begins to squeak.............and then wipe off.
        Is the squeaking a normal thing? This paint has no clear coat.

Thanks
        Bob

Comment

Amazing write up!

Matt

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');