• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W5000 Dual Sided Wool Pad with Adapter to attach to the Rotary Buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W5000 Dual Sided Wool Pad with Adapter to attach to the Rotary Buffer

W5000 Dual Sided Wool Pad with Adapter to attach to the Rotary Buffer

In order to attach our W5000 Double Sided Wool pad to your rotary buffer you'll need to get an adapter that threads onto the internal backing plate built into the W5000 DS wool pad and onto the 5/8 spindle on your rotary buffer.

Like this...

Our new double sided wool pad is a great cutting pad, if you've got a wet-sand, cut and buff job to do or you're trying to restore an older neglected finish using a rotary buffer for your first cut, then you're going to love this pad, especially with our new M105

M105 Ultra Cut Compound - New

Just to note, Meguiar's doesn't sell this adapter but you can find it at most PBE stores both retail and online.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: W5000 Dual Sided Wool Pad with Adapter to attach to the Rotary Buffer

hey mike the W5000 is a twisted 4-ply pad isn't it?
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Yes.

Taken from here on www.meguiars.com

http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-pad/Double-Sided-Wool-Cutting-Pad

100% wool, 1.5" - 4 ply twisted fibers for faster cutting.

FEATURES:
      • Effective removal of sanding marks and severe defects
      • Precise centering for vibration-free buffing
      • Unique soft-edge backing for safer buffing on contours and curves
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Awesome pad!! I now have four of them and I am a happy man!
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Since I am not intrested in ordering another pad at this time Mike, is there any specific difference in the cut of this pad vs. more traditional 100 percent twisted wool pads? Such as W4000 as well as others?
          Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Hey Mike,

I understand the idea behind this pad, but seeing the amount of metal both for the adapter and the threaded area on the pad itself being very near the paint. What are the odds that this will possibly come into contact with the cars paint using proper buffing technic(pad flat at all times)? That is my only reason for not getting this pad at this time.

Andrew
            2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001 View Post
              Since I am not interested in ordering another pad at this time Mike, is there any specific difference in the cut of this pad vs. more traditional 100 percent twisted wool pads? Such as W4000 as well as others?
              I'm not sure of any specific differences in very precise differences in the types or styles of wool fibers but we can should check before posting any further as there may be some difference that we are not personally aware of.

I personally have not done a side-by-side comparison between our W4000 Wool Cutting pad and our W-5000 Double Sided Wool Cutting pad but I'm sure someone at Meguair's will have this answer. Let me find out and post that tomorrow.

The double sided wool buffing pad offers real good flexibility since it doesn't have a rigid backing plate to affix to and the internal backing plate offers good but firm flexibility, this equates to some flexibility for you the operator when buffing non-flat panels, which is a nice feature.

The fact that the pad has two sides means there's never any backing plate to come into contact with any painted panels or components on the car where it could cause some damage.

That's off the top of my head...

If you haven't tried the M105 yet give it a try, think you're going to like it.

Originally posted by onawrxhigh View Post
              Hey Mike,

I understand the idea behind this pad, but seeing the amount of metal both for the adapter and the threaded area on the pad itself being very near the paint. What are the odds that this will possibly come into contact with the cars paint using proper buffing technique(pad flat at all times)? That is my only reason for not getting this pad at this time.

Andrew
              Unless you wear the pad down ridiculously bare it should never be a problem, this is an industry wide design for most quality wool cutting pads.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I have been using dbl sided wool for about 10 years and just love the feel against the finish and the surface feels cooler with better cut than i have gotten with single sided pads

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');