• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plan to purchase new rotary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: plan to purchase new rotary

Harbor Freight special for me. Works so far with buffing my headlights and taillights and using a cheapie wool pad on the '66.

Can't wait for the weather to get better to practice some more.

Aaron
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I plan on getting the Chicago Electric brand next month. Just going to use it for personal use. Already talked to a friend of mine that owns a local salvage yard. He's going to let me have a hood or 2 to practice on.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        I plan on getting the Chicago Electric brand next month. Just going to use it for personal use. Already talked to a friend of mine that owns a local salvage yard. He's going to let me have a hood or 2 to practice on.
        keep sharing your experiment on those hood
        Polishing is an art!!

Comment

The Chicago Electric model is really decent.......especially for 30.00. I've had mine for a year now and done numerous vehicles with it. It does have low torque and a finicky dial though. In all though, a good tool for weekend warriors and rotary beginners.

I'm with ZoranC on the Flex though. The new model is only 4.9 pounds and looks to be a workhorse. At 199.99, it's a wonderful deal!

Here's the one we are talking about.......

FLEX L3403VRG 6" POLISHER
          - FLEX seven-fold microprocessor electronics: with consistent speed control by tachometer generator, soft start, accelerator trigger switch, restart protection after power interruption, overload protection, temperature monitoring, and speed selection - High-powered motor: can handle extreme loads - Spindle lock: for easy disc changes - Quality shut-off carbon brushes: if the carbon brushes wear down, the motor will be automatically switched off and thus protected from damage - Bail handle - 4 m power cord: with FLEX red plug - 10-Foot power cord

www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

corrct me if i'm wrong, the minimum speed is 1100 rpm right? is it a good idea? what about flex lk603?
            Polishing is an art!!

Comment

Well I already never go below 1000rpms anyways. It's like speeds 1 and 2 on the PC......never touch them.

I think 1100rpm is fine to start out with. If it wasn't then why would such a reputable company make it that way?
              www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by justin30513 View Post
                I think 1100rpm is fine to start out with. If it wasn't then why would such a reputable company make it that way?
                make sense
                Polishing is an art!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ticman View Post
                  I agree with the above. I have a Makita 9227 and really like it. I have used a friends Hitachi SP18VA I think was the model number. The Hitachi seemed to be lighter of the two. Both are very good machines.

Tic
                  I am in the dilemma of getting one of this...can someone tell me whats the RPM of each speed for both Hitachi and Makita ?

Makita selling in Malaysia is around Rm830 and Hitachi is around Rm530 or 630.

How about noise level of both ?

Comment

Sorry for off topic.

I am currently have W8006/9006 with M80 n M83. so when i get a rotary later. Is that neccessary to get W7006 pad as well to pair with M80/83 ? What would be the result like ? Izzit advisable ?

Actually when i think getting W7006, was thinking to get M105 or 95 or 85 in future ?

Any advice to this ?

Comment

Originally posted by g88 View Post
                      I am in the dilemma of getting one of this...can someone tell me whats the RPM of each speed for both Hitachi and Makita ?

Makita selling in Malaysia is around Rm830 and Hitachi is around Rm530 or 630.

How about noise level of both ?
                      I've also shortlisted my choice to Makita, Hitachi and Dewalt. Would also really like to know the noise levels between the three since I'm living in a quite neighborhood and will not be working in a garage.

Comment

Does any one have them in stock? Looks to be sold out everywhere. Also where are they at for $199.00? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisMas View Post
                          I've also shortlisted my choice to Makita, Hitachi and Dewalt. Would also really like to know the noise levels between the three since I'm living in a quite neighborhood and will not be working in a garage.

I can not comment on the Hitachi as I do not own one, but between the Makita and the Dewalt, whcih I do own and use all the time, the Dewalt is louder to me...

Tim
                          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I have a Chicago Electric and its an art trying to use it. Machine gets inconsistant results and speed.
                            Hitachi is a truely tuned machine after testing it out. Very silky smooth and quiet. A no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
                              I can not comment on the Hitachi as I do not own one, but between the Makita and the Dewalt, whcih I do own and use all the time, the Dewalt is louder to me...

Tim
                              Ok, curiousity got to me. So I pulled out my Radio Shack Sound Level Meter, set it to "C" weighting, and Slow Response, set it 3 feet from buffer:

Dewalt at 1500 rpm: 84 db

Makita at 1500 rpm (speed 3): 76 db

That is a substantial difference!!

So there you have it!

Tim
                              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
                                Ok, curiousity got to me. So I pulled out my Radio Shack Sound Level Meter, set it to "C" weighting, and Slow Response, set it 3 feet from buffer:

Dewalt at 1500 rpm: 84 db

Makita at 1500 rpm (speed 3): 76 db

That is a substantial difference!!

So there you have it!

Tim
                                Good review!
                                Polishing is an art!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');