• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner runny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner runny

I just bought a bottle of MPPC so I would have a good paint cleaner that isn't as aggressive (in abrasives) as #83 or #82. I need something for those times when mainly a stronger chemical cleaner is needed, and not necessarily an SMR (fresh water spots, light oxidation, and insect feces stains).

My question is if MPPC is supposed to be runny? My bottle is literally the consistency of milk. I shook it for several minutes, thinking the product may have settled from being on a shelf. I then even took a wire coat hanger piece, chucked it in my cordless drill, and stirred it in the bottle for a minute at about 750 rpm or so. It is still a definite liquid. I tried it on my PC, where most of it runs off of the pad when I go to place the pad on the surface. I tried it Sunday on a black, oxidized truck, and it had a lot of trouble removing oxidation, but #82 on a polishing pad did an excellent job. Could I have gotten a bad bottle? Or is there a trick beyond the directions to using it?

Thanks.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner is a thin liquid, but thicker than milk and thick than what you describe. It is also very effective at removing oxidation from neglected paint. It sounds like you should call our Customer Care Hotline and describe the issue and direct them to this thread if you like. I'm sure they will take good care of you.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for the info. I called customer service, who promptly sent me another bottle free of charge. Excellent customer service there.

I received the bottle Monday, and it is a thicker liquid than my original bottle. The new bottle is thinner than a polish, but not "runny". I got the chance to use it yesterday on some paint with crud build up underneath my door handles and on my front valance. Very effective product. Definitely a valuable tool when an abrasive isn't needed/desired, but a chemical cleaner is. This will be real handy for spot cleaning stains. Tomorrow I'll get the chance to test it on oxidation on my mother in law's black truck. Her truck also has swirls, but unfortunately they are going to need DACP (I even have a wool pad for the PC I'm going to try out).

Anyways, thanks for the info. And tell your chemists to keep coming up with good stuff. The great, consistent results I get with Meguiar's products keeps me coming back. Excellent customer service is icing on the cake.

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');