• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial detail, what products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial detail, what products?

Due to renting the past couple years I haven't been keeping up with what's what in the detail world (as a result I just bought a 7424 when I could have gotten the G110 for a little bit more).

What I am looking for is what products to use with my 7424 from start to finish. My car is white pearl coat and the other car is 'metallic beige' which looks gold to me (GM color). Both need clay and have some swirls but nothing too horrid I think (I still need to get them under better light to be sure). Paint is still shiny, just not mirror like nor smooth. The white pearl car has rust dots on the rear bumper especially due to a brake caliper failing and covering the car with metal shavings. I have most of it out with detail plus's old $9.95 clay. It looks like they changed it now.

I am used to Meg's pro line with #00 wash or gold glass wash, #09 Swirl Remover, #07 Glaze, #26 wax or gold class, #2 fine-cut cleaner and doing it mostly by hand. I did use a Craftsman 10" buffer sometimes but was only happy with the result of it removing product. I only used terry/lambs bonnets though. I still have all of this. I used to use Dawn for my initial details to strip the car as well.

I now have the PC 7424, all of Edge's Wave pads (including the special orange and red that autogeek carrys), red clay and blue clay (clay magic brand), some detail plus 'clay'. I also have the clayworks orbital pad setup for the clay I will try, I am used to this by hand only.

Many have said clay, then #83 on a yellow pad for the initial 'prep', but what to I follow with? Many mention NXT 2.0 as the final product. Will the #83 take the swirls out totally to where I can just glaze then wax it?

Thanks

Å

Re: Initial detail, what products?

Start with claying the car, then try #80. If #80 won't remove your defects, then move on to #83. But you will need to follow up with #80 afterwards, then on to your LSP(NXT 2.0 is an amazing product!).

Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

thanks, who sells Meg's online the cheapest?

Comment

2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
        2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

You can read these as well if you havent seen them:

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider