• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can #7 be used without a LSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can #7 be used without a LSP?

I have a question about using #7 with clear coat paint. I waxed my car with NXT two weeks ago, and I plan on waxing it again in March. However, I finished washing my car today, and I was wondering if I could put #7 on top of my car without adding a LSP, just for more depth/gloss than is afforded by something like UQD. I understand that the look will decay without a LSP applied, but I just wanna get a little more pop for a few days.

Is this possible, or should I only apply #7 when I'm going to follow up with a LSP?

Re: Can #7 be used without a LSP?

Well, as you know, it isnt going to last long, UQD would likely last longer.

But one of my concerns would be how it would affect the wax underneath. Remember, the act of working an oily product into the paint is going to have some cleaning affect, much more than just lightly wiping aound a mist. So you may end up removing more wax as well.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MBA-J View Post
      Is this possible, or should I only apply #7 when I'm going to follow up with a LSP?
      Meguiar's always recommends to polish before applying any LSP, that said if you like the look an application of a pure polish gives your ride and you already have wax on the paint you can apply the polish on top of the wax but it probably won't last too long if it's raining or if you wash your car as our pure polishes are water soluble.

In most cases, a coating of M21 or NXT Tech Wax will give the same look to a clear coat plus it will hold up over time.

Of course, some people like to polish their car with a pure polish like #7 just because they like to polish their car with #7

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I do like polishing with #7! It smells a little funny, but it sure does look good.

Murr brings up an interesting point - will the "working in" of the #7 polish remove the coat of NXT that I already have?

But considering how much I like UQD, this might be a moot point!

Comment

Originally posted by MBA-J View Post

Murr brings up an interesting point - will the "working in" of the #7 polish remove the coat of NXT that I already have?
          Yes.

This topic comes up once in a while and we've answered in detail just as many times, hang on, let us do a quick search...
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here you go, here's the link,

Does M0716 Remove Wax?

Here's our reply...

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CharlesW
            The following was recently posted on a site and no one disputed it at all.
            This goes against everything I have ever thought, heard or read about #7.
            Have I been wrong all this time or is this guy putting out bad information?

Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read on a discussion forum.

Remember, when you RUB anything over any kind of surface, for example if your hands are dirty and you get them wet with water and then use one hand to rub the other hand you will to some degree clean the dirt off your hands even if you never had soap in the mix. It's the water and the rubbing action doing the cleaning and no cleaners or abrasives are involved at all.

Heck the Grand Canyon was carved out with water.

#7 is a pure polish, there are no ingredients in this product with the intended purpose to abrade or clean paint, that's a fact. And unless you hear from the chemist that create the formula, anything else you read by someone outside of this company is speculation.

FWIW, it's never worth your time to try to change someone's mind. Regardless of what this person may think, you still can't argue with over 70 years of satisfied customers and great looking paint all from the results from using #7 Show Car Glaze. Some anonymous person posting on a discussion forum in the year 2007 isn't going to undo 70 plus years of legendary success.

If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

This is exactly the type of information that I was looking for. Thanks Mike and Murr!

Comment

Many many years ago wasent #7 considered a LSP on the old lacquers .

Comment

Originally posted by Larry A View Post
                  Many many years ago wasn't #7 considered a LSP on the old lacquers .
                  Probably, but not because of anything we did, mostly because most people don't know the difference between,

Compounds
                  Paint Cleaners
                  Cleaner/Polishes
                  Pure Polishes
                  Waxes and Sealants

Can't tell you how many people we've talked to in our life that thought #7 was a wax and then were let down because it didn't last very long, at least as long as they though it should, problem is they didn't understand it wasn't a wax and was never meant to be a wax.

Counter sales people aren't always up to speed either.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Of course, some people like to polish their car with a pure polish like #7 just because they like to polish their car with #7

I always polish my light colored car even if don't see much difference (because its light colored) after doing it I just really enjoy using Meguiar's Polishes #7, #81, #3 and DC2.
                    SYDSTER

Comment

Ok, an LSP is what?

Comment

Last Step Product or Last Step Protectant
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Some people think LSP means Last Step Protectant and it can, but technically, LSP means Last Step Product, that is the last product you apply before you make the final wipe and then stand back and say it is finished.

If a person is working on a brand new paint job for example and the last product they apply is an application of #7 Show Car Glaze, then their LSP is #7 Show Car Glaze and this is not a wax or paint protectant, but merely the last product they applied for their specific detailing job.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I always use #7 after #83 then top with #21 & #26
                            #7 give a nice deep rich shine, the most noticeable change in all the above products I use.
                            Even when I'm going to re-wax, after I was I use #7 before I wax. The product is incredible and impresses me everytime.
                            The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
                            Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                            If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

What do you mean by this Mike? Are you saying that using #7 wont change the look or appearance? Will it only make a difference on SS paint or what?

Ive always used #7 as my polish.
                              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');