• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G 104 dual action polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G 104 dual action polisher

I found a g 104 cordless dual action polisher for sale. I was wondering how much it would be worth, and most of all would I be able to use it to remove polishes and waxes or should I use it to aply color X scratch x polish and wax?
    1996 Camaro SS

Re: G 104 dual action polisher

The cordless polisher doesn't have enough power to remove defects, another way of saying this is that the G104 doesn't have enough power to remove paint. (see below from the "Hot Topics" forum)

You could use it to apply a coat of wax, that means you could use it to spread out a coat of wax but that's about all the power it has to offer for detailing your car. Better to invest in a real tool that plugs in and has plenty of power to actually remove swirls and scratches.

What it means to remove a scratch out of anything...

"Some materials and/or surface coatings don't lend themselves well to being abraded"

In order to remove a scratch out of anything, metal, plastic glass, paint, etc. You must remove material around the scratch until the surface is level or equal to the lowest depths of the scratch or scratches.

The below diagram if for paint, the the same thing applies to just about an surface material or coating.

In essences, you don't really remove a scratch, you remove material around a scratch.

Then the big question is, is the material or coating workable, as in can you abrade small particles of it and leave behind an original looking surface. For example, some things you can abrade, (remove the scratch), but you can never completely remove all of your abrading marks, thus you can't really fix the problem, all you can do is exchange one set of scratches of a different set of scratches.

The next questions is, how thick is the surface material you're working on or the coating. You are limited to what you can do by the thickness of these to things, (surface coating or surface material), and whether or not this surface is workable.

Sometimes you don't know what you can so until you try. It's always a good idea to test your choice of products, applicator materials and application process, (By hand or by machine), to an inconspicuous area. If you cannot make a small area look good with your product, applicator and process, you will not be able to make the entire surface look good. It's always a good idea to test first and error on the side of caution, versus make a mistake you cannot undo.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');