• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard that #16 is discontinued in canada.Any truth to this.

Hey,

I have heard the same rumour. I will see what I can find out and get back to you!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I actually saw a tin at my local Carquest on the weekend in Newmarket. It had lots of dust on it, so I assume it's been there for awhile.

Comment

I believe that there has been some chatter about this around the hallowed halls of the Meguiar's office however; I had heard no official word that it was to be snubbed. In fact, recently, I've noted that it seems to be making a very strong come back and is being utilized by detailers and enthusiasts at several levels of experience.

Just goes to show that when you make something right the first time, people stick with it and live by it. Can you believe that this stuff hasn't changed since the early 1950s?!?

RP
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky
        thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
        CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
          In fact, recently, I've noted that it seems to be making a very strong come back and is being utilized by detailers and enthusiasts at several levels of experience.
          I believe this is because Mike posted a challenge over at Autopia.org to those that were using P21S/S100 to try #16 as he wanted to show that it had nearly the same look. It's also a better value as you get more product in a tin for a better price than P21S/S100. ScottWax also was promoting his endorsement of the product pretty heavily at the time.

Originally posted by Rockpick
          Can you believe that this stuff hasn't changed since the early 1950s?!?
          As I understand it, this may be the very reason that the product may be discountinued. New Government regulations for non-VOC compliant products are coming in 2005! I think this is why Meguiar's has update/discountinued/replaced many products in the Detailer line. I don't have all the facts to back this up, but from all the reading I did a month or so ago, there was references eluding to the above reasons.

I purchased one tin of #16 early this summer and plan on picking up another tin or two before the end of 2004 just in case it is discountinued.
          A great finish begins with the right start!

Comment

New V.O.C. regulation will be in effect in 2005 for California. I've been told that the fines are pretty high if your products are not compliant.

Meguiar's has decided to comply with all of the new regulations as as such has had a very busy R&D department.

I have been told that #16 is not going away, but just to make sure, I will see if this still holds true.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by fiberrich
              ...I think this is why Meguiar's has update/discontinued/replaced many products in the Detailer line.
              That is the main reason that many of the products were revamped. Sales were also looked at pretty heavily the way I understand it.

Also, it should be noted that the California compliance issues that are rolling down the pipe and are setto be out in 2005 are expected, and, in fact slated, to be rolled out nationwide a few years after that. This, in turn, will likely be very detrimental to a good majority of the 'bathtub blenders' out there. EPA Region 9 is generally the nationwide trend setter.

Meguiar's, as an environmentally responsible company, and in order to ensure product compatibility with those upcoming regulations, opted to go ahead and make sure that they were going to VOC compliant.

RP
              -The Final Detail-
              Lagrange, Kentucky
              thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
              CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

well i ordered 2 tins of the number 16 paste today .They will be in tomorrow morning cannot wait to try it out.
                About the voc free chemicals.I have noticed alot of change in the chemicals that we use at my work.everything now is voc free and they are getting stricked with what is being poored down the drains(understandibly)so i imagine there will be alot more changes to come.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');