• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirror Glaze 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Glaze 18

Am I right in guessing that I can use this product after my weekly wash on my headlights to maintain that brand new look. I would then clean daily with NXT Gen Glass Cleaner, or would that strip the MG 18 off?

Ken
    Remember amatures built the ARK, proffesionals built the titanic

Re: Mirror Glaze 18

M18 is a quick detailer for plastic, you could use this product to clean and maintain the plastic headlights but it's not a wax type product or a protection type product.

If you want a layer of protection on the plastic, then you could use PlastX as it leaves behind a protective polymer or next time you're waxing the paint, also apply some wax to the headlights themselves.

Generally speaking, quick detailers, also known as mist and wipe products are for removing,

Light Dust
    Fingerprints
    Smudges

There are exceptions as our UQD leaves behind water propelling surface and M34 is recommended to moisten dry foam pads before using them with a rotary buffer as well as others, but again, generally speaking, quick detailers are for the above 3 tasks.

Meguiar's Clear Plastic Products

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Cool,

So my best option to maintain my plastic headlight and off road lamp clarity is to wax it during waxing and clean it daily with NXT GEN Glass Cleaner?

Comment

Originally posted by ken_ja View Post
        and clean it daily with NXT GEN Glass Cleaner?
        Are your headlights glass?

Why not just clean your headlights with your normal quick detailer especially if you're wiping your paint down with a quick detailer already?

Glass Cleaner will tend to remove any protection ingredients off the surface.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Since the only time my car goes off road is into the garage, I like using #10 after a wash. It's only a polish, so I'm sure it's not much of a protectant, but it leaves a nice slick glow to the plastic light surfaces. One of those products that gets removed in the next wash but it doesn't take much product or time to do the whole car.

Mort

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            Are your headlights glass?

Why not just clean your headlights with your normal quick detailer especially if you're wiping your paint down with a quick detailer already?

Glass Cleaner will tend to remove any protection ingredients off the surface.

Thanks,

I'll use the speed detailer (or UQD).

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');