• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe's keys to proper engine degreasing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe's keys to proper engine degreasing...

Originally posted by Jbirk View Post
    Each time your oil is changed, there are 4 quarts or more of oil drained out of the engine. That has got to be much worse for the environment than the runoff for a dozen car washes.
    You just drain you oil on the ground? (Please provide me with your address if so.) You should be recycling it.
    Scott

Comment

nice tips, bookmarked for learning

Comment

Thanks..
        Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
        ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
        (269)650-2242

Comment

Each time your oil is changed, there are 4 quarts or more of oil drained out of the engine. That has got to be much worse for the environment than the runoff for a dozen car washes.
          Yeah, but you drain the oil into an oil pan and take it and the filter to be recycled.....

Comment

Wow. I've never heard of or seen anyone actually putting oil down the drain. Each time MY oil is changed, it's recycled so there is no damage to the enviornment. I'm in the water treatment business so that's no bueno.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');