• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undercarriage detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undercarriage detailing

I have noticed a couple of other brands offer an undercarriage detailing spray. I will be detailing a Tundra soon, and was wondering if the Water Based Dressing would do ok for this application?

Re: Undercarriage detailing

Yes, but it may not last too long. I would try All Season Dressing. That would be more like the equivalent of those undercarriage sprays.

Comment

I usually get some cheap tire spray in the cans at Advance auto parts for the under body. Stoners Tire shine works awesome.

Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Your undercarriage looks great. Now I know what to use the Stoner Tire shine for. Thanks.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLibby04 View Post
          I usually get some cheap tire spray in the cans at Advance auto parts for the under body. Stoners Tire shine works awesome.

Now that, ladies and gents, is an UNDERCARRIAGE. Beautifully maintained bluelibby.
          Remember amatures built the ARK, proffesionals built the titanic

Comment

Does the Stoners make a smell when the exhaust gets hot?

Comment

Originally posted by ken_ja View Post
              Now that, ladies and gents, is an UNDERCARRIAGE. Beautifully maintained bluelibby.
              Thanks.

It really hurts taking it offroad and covering it in mud. I try to stick to rocks and sand.

Originally posted by houndlover View Post
              Does the Stoners make a smell when the exhaust gets hot?
              Ive never noticed but it may alittle. I dont spray it directly on the exhaust which helps. That stuff may be flammable so I would try to avoid spraying it.

Even if it did smell, it would only do it for a few min the first time you drove it. It would burn off quick.
              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by houndlover View Post
                I have noticed a couple of other brands offer an undercarriage detailing spray. I will be detailing a Tundra soon, and was wondering if the Water Based Dressing would do ok for this application?
                Hey,

Sure...no problem.

For my truck, I tend to use Meguiar's Hyper Dressing in the wheel wells. For the undercarriage, it would work very well there as also.

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks.

It really hurts taking it offroad and covering it in mud. I try to stick to rocks and sand.

Ive never noticed but it may alittle. I dont spray it directly on the exhaust which helps. That stuff may be flammable so I would try to avoid spraying it.

Even if it did smell, it would only do it for a few min the first time you drove it. It would burn off quick.
                  Wow! Your Jeep's undercarriage looks awesome!!! Fantastic work!!!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks.

The flammability thing was part of the reason I was looking at using the Water Based Dressing - diluted 1:1

Comment

I think i would eat off that undercarriage! jajajaja that is CLEAN!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');