• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailed my friend's '03 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailed my friend's '03 Mustang GT

Doug's a good friend of mine, and a few months ago he gave me FOR FREE, a GT rear swaybar and Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors. So today I decided to pay him back by giving teh GT a full detail.

Engine bay was cleaned with Simple Green, and a bucket of soapy water. Then dressed with Turtle Wax F21 tire foam/protectant.

Wheels were cleaned with Meguiars Gold Class soap and a rag, inside and out, then dried with an absorber. The face of the rims were waxed with Meguiars NXT 2.0, and the chrome lip of the rims were polished with Mothers Chrome Polish.

Tires were scrubbed, and treated with Meguiars "Hot Shine" tire shine. Inner fenderwells were also scrubbed and coated with an off-brand spray tire shine I have.

Interior was vacuumed, floormats got a little touch of Meguiars Quik-Out carpet cleaner. Plastics were treated with Meguiars Quik-detail interior spray. The leather seats had already been treated by him so I didn't touch them. Windows were also already cleaned.

Exterior was washed with a microfiber mitt using Gold Class car wash. Dried with an absorber.

Paint was then clayed using the Meguiars "Smooth Surface" claybar.

Paint then got a coat of Meguiars Color-X (paint cleaner and polish).

Finally the paint was given a coat of Meguiars NXT 2.0 liquid wax.

The black plastic side mirrors, windshield cowl, and chin spoiler all got treated to Mothers Back-to-black.

Needless to say.. the car looks much better now!

--2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Re: Detailed my friend's '03 Mustang GT

You can't edit posts here? Weird....

Forgot to mention I also gave the headight lenses a well-worked in application of PlasticX. They were pretty faded/hazy/scratched and it helped get rid of a LOT of it.
    --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

definitely two good lookin rides!

Comment

/drool

American Muscle wheels on his ride? They look awesome. I love that site and have purchased a few things from them including a LED black 3'd break light, cobra style headlights (smoked, clear corners), and your very own shorty antenna (purchased the longer of the two, 8" was to short for me)

Comment

Mind me asking--- What size rims are those? I'm looking to replace the horrid stock v6 style and am concerned about price/size. Craigs list has some nice ones up for 450 or so with tires and 17" wheels. I want 18s, but the best deal I've seen is about 450 for wheels alone (although they where very nice S-style crome wheels).

See avatar for an old picture of my mustang-- Mods arn't on it yet.

Comment

Nice Rides!
            SYDSTER

Comment

They both look great. It seems to me that was a good trade. The parts for the full detail. Hope your friend is very happy. Great work.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Pictures look great.
                I see that you've been playing with PhotoShop, in this thread and in others you've put quite a touch to the pics, nice work

I like the pictures as well

Comment

Those are the pictures from the first post that I had used the "HDR" effect on, I looked at them on another monitor and saw how grainy they looked so I wanted to post the originals so you guys could get a better look.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman502 View Post
                    definitely two good lookin rides!
                    Thank you!

Originally posted by VonLego View Post
                    /drool

American Muscle wheels on his ride? They look awesome. I love that site and have purchased a few things from them including a LED black 3'd break light, cobra style headlights (smoked, clear corners), and your very own shorty antenna (purchased the longer of the two, 8" was to short for me)
                    Yeah he bought his rims from American Muscle back when they first came out. And yeah he has the 8" shorty on mine, I felt it was too short too, mine has the 14" one you got. Nice choice on mods so far, those headlights are going to make a huge differnce on how the front of the cars looks compared to the stock ones.

Originally posted by VonLego View Post
                    Mind me asking--- What size rims are those? I'm looking to replace the horrid stock v6 style and am concerned about price/size. Craigs list has some nice ones up for 450 or so with tires and 17" wheels. I want 18s, but the best deal I've seen is about 450 for wheels alone (although they where very nice S-style crome wheels).

See avatar for an old picture of my mustang-- Mods arn't on it yet.
                    Yeah his are 17x9" front, and 17x10.5" rear FR500 replica rims. I have 18x9.5" chrome Y2k Cobra replica wheels waiting to go on mine. They were on my last Mustang but after the accident one was bent, that's the only reason they haven't been put on this car yet and I'm still on the stock 16"ers.

Originally posted by Sydster View Post
                    Nice Rides!
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                    They both look great. It seems to me that was a good trade. The parts for the full detail. Hope your friend is very happy. Great work.
                    Yeah he is loving it. He called me to tell me how great it looked, then he posted in the thread of these pictures on our local boards saying how awesome it was. Everyone that has seen it has been impressed, hell, I didn't even expect it to come out as good as it did. That was my first time doing an entire car with the ColorX + NXT 2.0 combo and I must say, it's my new favorite. And hell yeah, those suspension parts were more than payment enough.

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
                    Pictures look great.
                    I see that you've been playing with PhotoShop, in this thread and in others you've put quite a touch to the pics, nice work

I like the pictures as well
                    Yeah, I've been working on doing HDR (high dynamic range) photos for a while now using a mixture of Photomatix and Photoshop CS3. They always look great on my laptop but end up looking faded out and grainy on every other computer. I don't understand it, so I posted the original versions of those pictures above. Hope you guys don't mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');