• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To clean your greasy hands that are black aftera days work on a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To clean your greasy hands that are black aftera days work on a car

When I work on my thunderbird my hands turn black after working on it and my friend found a way to clean your hands without orange fast. Dish soap (pomolive) and (tide) laundry soap. It is really effective on the grease and cleans them really well. You don't need much detergent soap. maybe a nickle amount or less.
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Re: To clean your greasy hands that are black aftera days work on a car

Dish soap and some Bar Keepers Friend works well too.

Comment

I always use GOJO... at the fire department i'm in.. we buy the stuff in bulk.

Comment

I use goop. Works great. Thats only when I forget to wear a glove. (Happens more often then I care to admit.) lol
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I wear surgical gloves then just peal them off when I'm done
          Detail Werks
          Derek Bemiss
          SEMA/Ford Care Care Team Leader 2004 through 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman502 View Post
            I always use GOJO... at the fire department i'm in.. we buy the stuff in bulk.
            The original GOGO can be used as a tire dressing. Gives tires a satin black look , but doesent last very long.

Comment

Goop what is goop?
              Alex
              1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
              1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
              1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Originally posted by Detail Werks View Post
                AeroCleanse, LLC
                Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

GO-JO Hand Cleaner/Degreaser

Uses citric degreasers to get your hands clean and smelling good without harming your skin!! LOVE IT!!!
                  AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by Detail Werks View Post
                    I also use disposable gloves...usually 2-4 pair per vehicle...I think of it as masking off trim before you detail...if I can keep my hands clean, I won't have to wash them later !...
                    Bill Poirier
                    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

I usually end up spraying my hands off with my can of Stoner's Tarminator or with my mix 50:50 IPA:H2O mix... lol

Comment

I learned this from my dad a while back, and it works pretty darned good...

Put a little bit of petroleum jelly on your hands and work it into your hands. The petroleum jelly will help seal up the pores a little bit and be a preventative measure against the grease getting onto your skin & staining it black. Now, I don't mean make it so that your hands are all greasy with the petroleum jelly, but just a nice, thin layer - otherwise, your tools may slip out of your hands.

It's not perfect; my dad said it worked great on his wedding day to keep the grease off his hands when he was working on his car, but in his wedding photos you can see the dirt & grease under his fingernails.

Comment

Goop is a hand cleaner. Been around for as long as I can remember. Similar to Go-Jo. Our local dollar store carries it. At a $1.00 a 16 oz. tub, you can not beat it.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Sprzout View Post
                            I learned this from my dad a while back, ...

Put a little bit of petroleum jelly on your hands...just a nice, thin layer - otherwise, your tools may slip out of your hands.
                            My dad too.
                            Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
                            by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

i have found that hair shampoo works about the best for me. i worked on cars for 5yrs and had washed my hands aleast 5 times a day everyday hand cleaner,and nothing works as well as shampoo.also try putting a few towels or even wash mitts in the washer with a squirt of shampoo,i promise they will come out clean and VERY soft.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');