• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 minute editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 minute editing

Originally posted by VonLego View Post
    I've also fallen victim to the timer forcing a double post. Thanks for checking this out.
    There was no checking out needed, we tightened the limit due to a problem member, it's something we have to do when a problem member abuses our forum's good nature. As long as everyone is here for positive reason, there's no problems.

For the record, people join detailing forums for one of 3 primary reasons,
    • To learn more about detailing
    • To help others learn more about detailing
    • To cause strife and problems because they have nothing better to do with their time

It's pretty obvious when someone joins for the third reason in the list above and we take action accordingly, it's not something that catches us by surprise.

That's why we tighten down the editing limit. When the problem goes away, we relax it again.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'll be the first to admit that it always doesn't work as I don't see it all....

But....there is a Preview Post button next to submit and click that, and read your post as if you posted it Then you can see if there needs to be changes or mispelled wurds

Aaron
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
        there is a Preview Post button next to submit and click that, and read your post as if you posted it Then you can see if there needs to be changes or mispelled wurds
        It's not so much that, I do use the "preview", but sometimes I may just forget to add details that might be important with getting help. Also, going back to edit any time would be nice when selling stuff. As things get sold one can go into your post and edit the message with "Sold" rather than add another reply down below where it could get missed. or even worse, start a whole new updated thread.

I do sympatize with the mods tho and their attempts to keep troublemakers at bay. I've seen how forums can get out of hand by a few bad apples.
        I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

Looks like the limit switched back to 1 minute?

PC.

Comment

Could this be due to the migration? Maybe the new servers have to be changed to a longer limit? Seems like the problem has crept up again since the changeover. Just typing out loud.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

We've moved it to 60 minutes...

How's that?

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike!

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks, Mike its appreciated.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');