• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#83 and #80 How Many Times a Year is possible....burn Clear coat? possible..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #83 and #80 How Many Times a Year is possible....burn Clear coat? possible..?

hello all, just reading lots of informative posts on this forum. I read that the #83 and then #80 should be done to get some swirls and holograms out, but how often can this be done on a car with factory paint job thats in good shape? Am afraid of burning through the clear coat. the car is 2002 and in great shape, the paint is in good shape. just some swirls and holograms here and there due to going through car washes. Never garaged and I'm very much into detailing now since I'm in this forum.

am going to....

Clay
    NXT 2.0

how often can I use #83 since it may burn through the clear coat.
    am using the Meguiars DA G100

Re: #83 and #80 How Many Times a Year is possible....burn Clear coat? possible..?

Here at Meguiar's they teach you to start with the least aggressive product, this said if your paint is in good condition then I suggest trying #80 first and see how it performers.

You can give a test spot a shot, see if you really need #83, if you do then you already have it so you won't waste time.

Why give your car a pass of #83 if it doesn't need it? You can do it, this is up to you but you'll just waste energy and time.

Another thing is that you won't burn through your clear coat with the G100, it's a very safe machine so don't worry about this. The G100 has a safety factor that is when you put lots of pressure to the head it will stop rotating. It's a very gentle machine to you are safe

Good luck with your detail and post pictures when you are done!

Good luck with your detail! Post pictures when you're done.

Comment

Re: #83 and #80 How Many Times a Year is possible....burn Clear coat? possible..?

The other side of that is that if you need to use #83 more than once a year, and even that is a bit much, then you are putting a lot of swirls into the paint somehow. In that case, you need ot address your washing techniques, drying techniques, or other tihngs that are coming in contact with your paint.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');