• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold class or the new NXT 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold class or the new NXT 2.0

I have read a lot of threads over the last few months raving about the new 2.0, however i have been using gold class since I started driving and detailing my own car.

I understand that liquid eases the removal process, however i would like to know which of the two really leaves the deep wet look shine that we all like.

Any ideas??
    Robert- 2004 Mustang GT, Black, "My second full-time Job"

Re: Gold class or the new NXT 2.0

NXT 2.0 comes in liquid also. What color is your car? I'd go with NXT 2.0 if it was me. It really darkens the darker colors nicely.
    Scott

Comment

Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The liquid formula doesn't ease removal. It is just a different way to apply it, and it is easier to get the liquid onto a large pad like the G100 pads.

I like them both. I just did NXT with Gold Class on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

SYDSTER

Comment

If it was NXT OR Gold Class, Id say go GC. In this case I will have to say go NXT 2.0. I rather have a 15 car wash protection vs 4 or 5 with Gold Class.

Or if you are like me an anal about stuff. NXT2.0 and toped off with Gold Class. IF IT's Dark color vehicle. MUST USE GOLD CLASS. Simply because it looks O so good.
            - Dmitriy
            K&N Filter, Berk TP, HKS Exhaust, CR Knob. HKS & Test Pipe (Video)
            http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8...merday2la9.jpg

Comment

well with a Black 'GT, i might try the NXT 2.0 and GC combo. I looking for a deep wet look that might help soften some of the surface scratches. Thanks for all the advice
              Robert- 2004 Mustang GT, Black, "My second full-time Job"

Comment

I absolutely love every wax Meguiar's makes, so I am no help! If it was a daily driver, you can't go wrong with M16 or NXT 2.0 though!

Comment

In my opinion, NXT 2.0 is 100 times better than Gold Class. But then again I haven't ever been a real big Gold Class Wax fan.

Ryan
                  Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                    In my opinion, NXT 2.0 is 100 times better than Gold Class. But then again I haven't ever been a real big Gold Class Wax fan.

Ryan

Ryan, I'm sure your just joking..... 100 times better?? Maybe it's just the Friday night air?

Comment

Originally posted by TXShine View Post
                      Ryan, I'm sure your just joking..... 100 times better?? Maybe it's just the Friday night air?
                      Yea...that was a typo, its 1000000000 times better.

Ryan
                      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Now I know........

Comment

Ive used Gold Class paste ONCE and it was a really nice product. I was new to detailing so Im cannot comment on durability or looks b/c at the time I didnt really know much about it all.

Maybe Ill give it another go and see what I think about it.
                          Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Comment

I had the same question.

Last week we had a heat wave (40 degrees) so i did a quick test and did 1/2 of my hood with GC and 1/2 with NTX 2.0.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, they both look similar. But, I think that liked the GC better. I will say when it is 40 the GC was much easier to put down and take off.

I don't know what it really looks like now. We have had snow almost every day and the days it didn't snow there hasn't been any sun.

I hope later today I may be able to see what they look like one week later.

BTW, I have been reading, reading, reading for months but this is my first post!

Comment

Keep us posted. I am a GC fan and would love to hear your opinion on the NXT 2.0 vs GC results. I wasn't surprised when you said GC looked better, but protection is still one of the most important topics here.

Waiting for follow up.
                              - Dmitriy
                              K&N Filter, Berk TP, HKS Exhaust, CR Knob. HKS & Test Pipe (Video)
                              http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8...merday2la9.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');