• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Question posted please read and help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Question posted please read and help

Hey guys,
    I have a question about some of the steps I should take. I am getting ready to detail my truck and I just want to check on a few things. I am going to do many steps on my truck some will probably include:

Using 84 (couple passes and then 85 if needed)

then I will move onto 80, 82, or 83 depending on what the pain looks like will determine which one I use. I know always start with the lest aggressive and work up higher if needed.

My question is after I use 80,82, or 83 is there a need for me, would it be beneficial for me to use 5 or 7 after using 80,82, or 83. I know the 80, 82 and 83 are a cleaner/polish I was just wondering if it is best to go back with a pure polish that does not have any cleaning agents in it.

My next question is:

Is 21 considered a wax. I know it says it is a sealant. Do you have to put on a wax after you put on the 21. I was thinking of putting on 21 and then it up with 26.

Any help or ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance

Re: First Question posted please read and help

Are you workling by hand, or PC?

If so, #83 with a 8006 pad is considered the most aggressive one can go. Some of the pros can do a bit more, but yo\u are kind of going out on your own.

As far as the pure polish, if you have a dark color, you might see some difference in the look, but #80/82 have enough oils in them to take care of the paint.

#21 is a synthetic product... after that, call it what you like. Meguiars tends to use the terms sealant and wax interchangeably. There is no need to follow up #21 with another product, 2 coats of #21 would be fine. But if you want to use #26, you can do that as well. Up to you.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will be working with a pc and I also have a rotary.

Thanks
      Kris

Comment

Ok. The rotary would be for the 84, 85 then.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

That is correct. I was also wondering can I put the nxt 2.0 over the #21 if I decide to double up. I am assuming everything in the meguiars line is compatable.

Thanks
          Kris

Comment

Originally posted by steeda911 View Post
            That is correct. I was also wondering can I put the nxt 2.0 over the #21 if I decide to double up. I am assuming everything in the meguiars line is compatable.

Thanks
            Kris
            Hi Kris,

Yes you can place NXT 2.0 over #21 if you wish; and yes, Meguiar's products are all compatible with one another.

Please post some pics when done!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks for the help Tim. I will post pictures when I get done. I am going to take before and after pictures. I will probably not be able to get to the truck util next week.

Thanks
              kris

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');