• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme detailing is what I do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme detailing is what I do!

This is a Chevy pickup that I did a couple of years ago. Our shop deals with this stuff all the time. We buy fleet returns and a lot of them are work trucks that were always on dirt roads with drivers that neglected them. These detail jobs are a lot of work, but are very satisfying. I hope I figured out how to get the pics from my gallery.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by montanajem; Mar 3, 2008, 12:09 AM. Reason: Forgot to add photos
    Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Re: Extreme detailing is what I do!

wow! That is one amazing job on the interior!

Comment

yeap!!! wonder how many towels just for the interior...ahaha

Comment

Originally posted by VonLego View Post
        wow! That is one amazing job on the interior!
        What was the process?
        SYDSTER

Comment

Amazing transformation! Great work.

Comment

Fabulous job
            What did that truck do in it's previous life before the transformation? It definitely looked well used!

Comment

Looks like the front seat was re-upholstered? What does your extractor look like after each vehicle? Nice work.
              2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
              2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

That is amazing. In the before pics you could not even tell that it was a Maroon truck. What a dramatic difference. Great work.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Now that's an ExTReMe interior makeover!

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Sydster View Post
                    What was the process?

1. Open all windows
                    2. Drive into nearest large body of water until completely submerged
                    3. Wait 10 minutes
                    4. Drive out
                    5. Allow to air dry for 1 week
                    6. Take "after" pictures
                    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Man, that was one dirty interior.... What was that truck used for?

Comment

[quote=J. A. Michaels;199906... In the before pics you could not even tell that it was a Maroon truck...[/quote]

That was my thought exactly!

I would really like to know more about your process. Did you really do the miracle, or just photgraph a new truck? I truly do admire your work, and what you accomplished there.
                        Last edited by BINGO53; Mar 3, 2008, 09:12 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by BINGO53 View Post
                          That was my thought exactly!

I would really like to know more about your process. Did you really do the miracle, or just photgraph a new truck? I truly do admire your work, and what you accomplished there.
                          Bear with me, this post is kind of long... as the process was long! :-P I'll abbreviate it!

First thing was clean out the junk, jack and tools, pull the sill plates, kick panels, seats, and mat. Then lots of time with the vacuum and air compressor blowing out vents, dash, speaker grilles, headliner etc. Sprayed down the engine, wheel wells and jambs with degreaser. Sprayed tires with Bleche-Wite (a miracle worker!) and wheels with Meguiar's Wheel Brightener (GREAT stuff if you haven't tried it) and pressure washed it all. (This was after I had spent about an hour hosing off the mud underneath and cleaning out the utility boxes.)

Wiped down floor pans, door panels and dash with the fine overspray from the pressure washer. I think I pressure washed the bottom of the driver's door panel too, since shampooer wouldn't touch it. Gave it a good scrub with what used to be Meguiar's Wash 'n Wax top to bottom. Wiped out jambs and under hood. Used Comet on any chrome - great on these work trucks.

Went thru the interior with LOTS of #40 (Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner), a detailing brush, scrub brush, more air, 000 steel wool and LOTS of towels. I know steel wool sounds harsh, but this is fine stuff designed for detailing and it's great for removing black scuff marks from door panels, etc. and doesn't do damage if you know what you're doing. I hit all the rubber around doors and windows as well. Washed windows. Used APC on headliner.

Had driver's seat reupholstered. Cleaned all seat hardware with APC. Other vinyl seats got #40 and steel wool treatment. Put it all back together! :-P Used 3M Adhesive Remover on engine hoses that didn't come clean, APC on other places. We don't dress our wheel wells, tires or engines, so what you see is what you get! Clean!

I think exterior got an app of #83 (DA Cleaner/Polish) and then probably #9 (Swirl Remover). It's been so long I don't remember. The finish wasn't bad on the truck and we just want to clean and shine them up a bit.

I love seeing the "makeover" on these trucks but it took me a long time to NOT make them perfect, as is my inclination. They are, after all, work trucks, not show cars and we don't spend much time on the body. But we get nicer vehicles too so we still break out the buffers and have fun!

I can't remember where this truck came from or what company - too long ago and hundreds of vehicles back! Since we deal only in fleet returns, it amazes me how some companies take great care of their vehicles and others don't seem to care a bit.

Much of what we do is way more drastic than most people will ever have to do. Drastic dirt calls for drastic measures. Sometimes I wish we only had nice "maintenance" type details, but I think I'd get bored!
                          Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                            1. Open all windows
                            2. Drive into nearest large body of water until completely submerged
                            3. Wait 10 minutes
                            4. Drive out
                            5. Allow to air dry for 1 week
                            6. Take "after" pictures

That was along the lines of what I was thinking...

Great transformation.
                            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Wow what a transformation. Great job on that interior.
                              Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                              www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                              Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');