• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got issues with All Season Dressing, is Hyper-Dressing a better choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got issues with All Season Dressing, is Hyper-Dressing a better choice?

My problem with All Season Dressing on tires and mostly engine compartments is that it doesn't flow out but just pools on the surface of whatever it's sprayed on. Kind of like water beading on a waxed surface. Does Hyper-Dressing flow out better? Being water based won't it wash off in the rain on tires?

Re: I got issues with All Season Dressing, is Hyper-Dressing a better choice?

Correct, hyper dressing doesnt hold up as good to rain.

Not to sure what you mean by 'pooling' up. Did you properly clean the tires and engine before putting ASD on? Ive never had a problem with a dressing pooling.

Are you just spraying a bunch on and walking away? Ive found it best to spray it on a foam pad/old terry towel then wipe it on whatever surface Im dealing with.
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

The pooling up is caused by too much product being in a place. I spray down everything a bit on the heavy side (I get pooling in certain spots of the engine), and go back and wipe and soak everything up a bit later.

Comment

Just spraying it on doesn't work for me at all. It goes places I don't want it and doesn't spread out evenly. I use a paint brush for tires and a foampad for trim to spread it out, wait about 15 min and wipe off excess dressing.

Comment

That's why you should go back over it and wipe it to make it even. I spray a little bit of whatever it was that I used on the towel so I am not just removing it.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');