• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clean Carpeted floor mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Carpeted floor mats

Maybe this is an obvious one, if it is feel free to remove it, but the bestEST way Ive found to clean carpeted floor mats is take them to the car wash and hammer them with the soap, they have come out spotless for me every time (I apologize to meguiars for this one because it might lose you a few bucks from the people who normally would have used a spray product to remove stains ) Keep in mind you will need to hang them to dry overnight

Re: Clean Carpeted floor mats

I use rubber mats in the winter and carpeted ones in the summer. I clean them the same way. I use the hose to get most of the stuff out, then spray Meguiars APC 10:1 and scrub them, and then rinse. Hang them to dry. Fast, easy and works great.

Comment

I just go to the dealer and order new ones when they get filthy. About 30 bucks once a year. They can get the exact replacements with the vin num.
      2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

I'll buy new ones when the old mats start to lose fibers, I dont want any holes in mine. Usually I just vaccuum, but when I want them really clean, I use a mix of APC, spray it on the carpet, work it in with a brush and use my LGM to take it out.
        2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

I just hit them with water and laundry detergent. Agitate with a broom, rinse and set in the sun. I do these first thing, so they are usually dry by the time I am finishing up. If it is not sunny an air mover will get them dry pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2 View Post
            I use rubber mats in the winter and carpeted ones in the summer. I clean them the same way. I use the hose to get most of the stuff out, then spray Meguiars APC 10:1 and scrub them, and then rinse. Hang them to dry. Fast, easy and works great.
            Since we seem to be getting a little away from the original intent of the original poster, I'll throw in my comment.
            The method suggested by Mark2 works great for me.
            One advantage in using the Meguiar's APC is that it seems to leave the mats less stiff than many APC products.
            Meg's does say it contains fabric softeners and brighteners and that may be the reason.
            If the mats are not really dirty, I vacuum the mats, spray the APC on the mats, agitate with a brush, let them dry and hit them again with my vacuum.
            Our 2000 Grand Prix mats look almost new after 65,000 miles of use doing them that way.
            Charles
            The Rainmaker

Comment

I like to use the carpet and upholstery cleaner with the upholstery brush then rinse with a rag then go over with a shop vac. Works great for me.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

My Vettes front mats are a little costly so I vac and dab,
                but the ones from my wifes beater, I blast at the car wash
                Rick

Comment

use some APC, scrub, hang mats verticle from a pallet or someting and blast with a hose or pressure washer. let dry

Comment

APC is a good choice!!
                    Joel
                    Firefighter/EMT-B
                    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                    '99 F-150

Comment

I spray the light-medium areas with meguiars Quik Out and the Heavy Areas with standard carpet cleaner. I then fill a bucket with fresh water and carwash soap from a lesser brand and use a separate microfiber mit to work the soap, water and cleaner agent into the floor mat thoroughly until I can see the stain or dirt comming out. Then to finish the job I take a scrubbing brush to work the rest of the dirt and stains out. Then the carpet is rinsed and I use a wet/dry shop vac to remove the lose water and then leave them to dry while I tend to the rest of the interior and then the exterior to allow for ample drying time before the customer gets there car back.

I'm always looking to improve my process so if anyone sees a fault or has a suggestion please do shout out! Thanks!
                      "Surely you can't be serious!?"
                      "I am serious....and don't call me Shirley."

Comment

I use APC+ and a scrub brush for general cleaning (quick, and clients don't like soaking wet floor mats in their rides...)

For tougher stains, either Quik Out, or my new best friend for serious stains: D10219

Seriously, if you don't have this stuff, at least get 1 can. It takes out oil stains, and pitch black stains from light tan carpet in a single application with a microfiber almost every time. I got an extra $25 tip just for getting the stains out of the floor mats because the customer didn't think it could be done. Makes you look good... lol

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');