• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running out of GC Trim Detailer - Replace or Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of GC Trim Detailer - Replace or Upgrade?

My bottle of Trim Detailer's almost empty. I went to Canadian Tire in my area and they say they don't carry it any more, so I'm thinking of placing an online order.

My question is, if I like the shine from the Trim Detailer, is there something else I could be using instead (I think #83 is similar?) of it? My car's got black rubber-like bumpers that look really great when they're dark and shiny.

Thanks!

Darryl
    '87 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5 Wagon
    '05 Mazda 3

Re: Running out of GC Trim Detailer - Replace or Upgrade?

Hi Darryl,

You're really close!

#83 is a paint cleaner / polish. #38 is a rubber dressing that has been discontinued.

You could try #40 on the bumpers, but it really isn't a replacement for GC Trim Detailer. There are also some dressings in the Detailer Line, but I'm not sure about availability in your area.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Darryl like Chris said, #83 is a cleaner/polisher maybe you confused it with #38.
      I would stick with GC Trim Detailer, a very good product

Comment

I'd say All Season Dressing or #40 are also fine alternatives if available for reasonable cost. Esp if you were to need a lot of it.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ahh, I did mix up the numbers. I think I read here that you should find something you're happy with and use it, guess I have with the Trim Detailer so I'll stick with it. To be honest, I was sorta looking for an excuse to get some professional series stuff and I thought this might be my in. As far as availability, it looks like it might be a challenge to find it anyway, I may have to order online, I just have to find the best seller to order from if you're in Canada.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Oh, and PorscheGuy, I saw your pics in the "Post your car detailing supply pictures here!!" thread. Man that's just awesome for organization! We're in an apartment so my stuff's kept in a bucket in our storage closet. I washed the floor mats from my Tercel in the tub last night, now I feel a little less crazy for doing so. My car's totally clean inside at least.. I'm glad I'm not alone here when it comes to being a clean fanatic.
          Last edited by dcn; Mar 5, 2008, 09:08 AM.
          '87 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5 Wagon
          '05 Mazda 3

Comment

I will say though, if you can find some #38, get it. I love that stuff!

Comment

...and to bring up an old favorite post of mine: All Season Dressing this stuff rocks!

As others have mentioned #38 is a great product, I have some and use it from time to time but IMO All Season Dressing is now the way to go! Its very versatile and it will last sometime.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');