• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's at Concours d'Elegance of Amelia Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's at Concours d'Elegance of Amelia Island?

Hi there,
    I'm not sure where to post this, so please move it if it's in the wrong place. I saw the Meguiar's logo on a poster as a sponsor of the Concours d'Elegance on Amelia Island, and yesterday when I was at work, I happened to glance out the window and saw the Meguiar's semi and trailer go past. Will products be available for purchase at the Concours d'Elegance? Also, (and this isn't specifically for a Meguiar's employee), what all goes on at the Concours? I looked at the website, and it looked like a bunch of it was either more expensive tickets then I'd like to pay, or private. Basically all I'd like to do is go look at some neat cars and buy some Meg's stuff, but I don't know anything about the Concours or if that's anything the general public can do.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Re: Meguiar's at Concours d'Elegance of Amelia Island?

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
    I happened to glance out the window and saw the Meguiar's semi and trailer go past.
    And you didn't go running after it?!?! I can see me running down the side of the road after it.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Concours d'Elegance. Just the name sounds too expensive for me.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
      And you didn't go running after it?!?! I can see me running down the side of the road after it.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Concours d'Elegance. Just the name sounds too expensive for me.
      LOL. I should have run down the road! It was funny how the timing was, because like I said I just happened to glance out my office window (the whole building front is glass) and saw it fly by here on A1A. What's even stranger is, as I was lookint at this thread to see if anyone had replied, my sister called me because she had just seen the big rig and a Meg's SUV at the Ritz-Carlton. She said she saw the SUV and was noticing how shiny it was, then she realized it was the Meg's SUV.

Yeah the name does sound expensive. Plus when I looked on the website, it's being held at/near the Ritz-Carlton and the Amelia Island Plantation. For that matter, Amelia Island itself is an expensive resort area.
      Lydia's Mobile Detailing

Comment

Hi there,

Will products be available for purchase at the Concours d'Elegance?
        Yes, usually the trucks are stocked for sales on location. If you make your way to this event and find the truck, ask if Mike Kennedy is there and say "Hi"

He's in charge of Special Events and probably the hardest working guy at Meguair's

Heck tell all the Meguiar's staff "Hi"

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

LOL. Good I'm glad to know they'll have some product there. Thanks Mike!

By the way, if you talk to any of the Meg's crew, feel free to let them know if any of them want a gym to work out at while they are in town, they are welcome to head to the Anytime Fitness on A1A during the staffed hours and they can get in free.
          Lydia's Mobile Detailing

Comment

Amelia Island! Nice place, very nice place and if you have time check out the "Down Under" which is under the A1A bridge that goes over the intercostal. Good food, good service, and good people!
            ---
            Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Yes it is quite a nice place. I live about 10 minutes from it, which to me is perfect. I get to avoid the traffic and crowds from the tourists, but still can got there when I want to. Gotta love it.

Unfortunately, the Down Under restaurant closed about a month ago. I'd actually never been there myself (not a fan of seafood), but everyone around here loved it. I guess they just weren't getting enough business to run the place. Quite a pity because it had been there for years and was a local favorite.
              Lydia's Mobile Detailing

Comment

... what all goes on at the Concours? ...
                Haven’t been to Amelia Island but assuming it’s similar to Pebble Beach or Newport Beach, etc it’s basically a really, really nice car show mixed with a bunch of parties, and various social, charitable, artistic and media functions.

The cars will all be historical, rare and/or exotic. Some will be prepared to a spectacular level, others presented with a “patina” that tells a story of years and miles past.

I think every car nut should go to one at least once. Yeah, they can be pricey. A high zoot party where the mechanical guests of honor can each be worth millions ain’t cheap to put on. Pebble Beach is up to 150 bucks this year. Ouch.

If the price is too steep you might consider volunteering to help out. They usually benefit charities and they generally need volunteers to make everything run smoothly. Volunteers get an up-close, behind the scenes view of an event that none of the paying crowd gets. It’s too late to sign up this year so mark your calendar for next year if that sounds like fun to you.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                  And you didn't go running after it?!?!]
                  x2

Comment

Nice informational post there Paul...

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Yes, thank you Paul. Hmm...maybe I'll just have to end up buying the stuff online. That's frustrating...so close, yet so far.
                      Lydia's Mobile Detailing

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');