• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go to first unread post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to first unread post?

When I get to the site, I click something showing ? number of new posts & it pulls up a page showing all the threads with new posts. When I go into each thread, I have to scroll through posts I have already read to get to the unread stuff. There should be a way to go straight to the first unread post but I am not seeing a way to do this...can someone help!?

Re: Go to first unread post?

Hmmm....

Not sure about this? (Never use this feature, just scan the most recent threads column)

Maybe someone else can chime in?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Usually there is a small icon thing next to the title of each post that contains unread posts. When you click on it, it takes you to the first unread post in that thread so you can start reading where you left off rather than have to scroll through several posts or sometimes a page or two worth of posts just to find where you left off.

I am sure it is an option that is available for the forum here...it may be worth looking into.

Comment

Click on "New Posts"

In the column for "Last Posts" look for this image to the right of the member's name and click on it, this will take you to the last post in the thread.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I am not talking about wanting to go to the last post...what I am referring to is going the the first unread (by me) post in a particular thread.

For instance, I read a thread & come back several hours or the next day & click "new posts" & it takes me to the page listing each topic that has new posts since my last visit. Well, now, when I click on a thread, it shows me the latest post in that thread & I have to scroll through the new posts to get back to the first post made since my last visit. With a "first unread post" option, it automatically takes you to the first post made since the last time you visited, whether it is on the most current page of the thread or a page or two back.

Comment

Maybe check on www.vbulletin.org or www.vbulletin.com

I don't have an answer for what you want, maybe someone else that uses these kinds of features can chime in?

Sorry...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I know I can print a screen shot but do not remember how...if you can tell me how, I can take a screenshot of another forum & show you what I am talking about.

Comment

I must be blind...now I see a "view first unread" option at the top of the thread on the left hand side once you get into the thread...click it & it jumps to my last unread post...

Comment

If you're using the "new posts" options to view all new/updated threads you don't have to open the thread then click "view first unread". To the left of an unopened thread you'll see this icon that has the same function as the "view first unread" function you're using.
                  Cheers,
                  Angelo
                  The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
                  Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

Hmmm, when on my computer at work, the first unread post arrow thing didn't show up...I am on duty now at the FD & the arrow shows up on this computer.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');