• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deep crystal polish on white car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deep crystal polish on white car?

hey guys, i have a quick question. currently i have a taffeta white civic and my detail includes clay, clean (scratchX) , and wax (GC). all done by hand

my question is should i throw deep crystal polish step #2 in there. according to amazon its "formulated for dark colored cars" .. would it be a waste of time to use #2 on white or would i see some nice results?

much appreciated
    -SocalSX

Re: deep crystal polish on white car?

With light color cars, you have two things going on.

1. Any color paint will, esp old paint, will benefit from having a polish used, to help keep the oils in the paint so the paint doesnt dry out and fail.

2. The looks of dark paint will benefit most from being polished, that is there will be a lot more depth added to dark colord paint.

So, if you have new, white paint, not as big a deal. If you have old white paint, then the oils will help keep the paint from drying out, even if there is not as much visual benefit.

You might like to read an article roughly called " A Lesson from White Paint" by Mike Phillips, or something close, on autopia.org as well.

Hope that helps, or ask some more....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');