• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to detail 2 days after wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to detail 2 days after wash?

I live smack dab in the middle of the east coast so our seasons fluctuate without reason. I own a Dodge Magnum and clean it as often as possible however, we go from 70 degree days to 32 and freezing rain. We cleaned it this weekend and it has sat in the garage since then getting UQD, unfortunately its too cold to wash right now but we have heat in the garage. So being continuously wiped down, would it be safe to detail; i.e. clay, polish, wax, without causing any harm? Thanks

Peae

Re: Safe to detail 2 days after wash?

If the car is clean and you want to detail but the weather is not in you favor than you can wipe dust from the surface using QD/Final Inspection/Last Detailer.

The hole idea is to remove as much dust that has settle in the surface as possible so you won't drag those particles when you are claying/polishing/waxing.

If you are going to use QD or Final Inspection or Last Detailer remember to use as much microfiber towel as possible so you don't install more scratches/swirls.

Personally I don't like this methods, I like washing my car but I always, well most of the time, I have good weather since I live in the Caribbean so I don't have to deal with extreme weather.

Good luck with your detail.

Comment

Re: Safe to detail 2 days after wash?

Originally posted by yalerd View Post

Personally I don't like this methods, I like washing my car but I always, well most of the time, I have good weather since I live in the Caribbean so I don't have to deal with extreme weather.

Better Safe than sorry.
      SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');