• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner

Anybody have some experience with this stuff yet? It looks like something that can really help me out. I dont so much enjoy polishing uncoated wheels. I figure the less I can touch them after I polish the better.
    94 Impala SS in the ONLY color
    04 Ford Focus ZX3 in white (daily driver)
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Re: Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner

It is relabeled Multi-Piece Wheel Cleaner. It works just fine to clean uncoated aluminum wheels with a soft wash brush.

Comment

Re: Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner

It is mild & works fine, but do 1 wheel at a time, rinse them first and make sure they're cool, then wash & dry before moving to the next wheel.

DO NOT use the All Wheel or you'll really mess up the polish on the rims. It's way to aggressive (as I found out the hard way).

My experience w/ the polished Boyds on my Galaxie is that while brake dust and road grime cause micro-scratching that can dull the finish, most of the dulling comes from oxidation and I can't do much about that except break out the Hot Rims Aluminum polish and a barrel o' elbow grease.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');