• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Behave On An Internet Forum - Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Behave On An Internet Forum - Video

[Edit: Link removed due to non-family friendly content. -Mike Phillips]

Sorry if this is a repost

Re: How To Behave On An Internet Forum - Video

All excellent points. The nice thing about this forum is how well it is managed. The moderators keep on top of things. The rules are there and fair and the posters are friendly and knowledgeable. I go to imdb.com for movie trivia and info quite often. On that site they have posters that drive me insane, ie. trolls, movie know-it-alls, rude and crude posts and teen txt msg slang, and yes, even Goodwin's Law violators. The administrators delete some posts, but some that remain simply amaze me. The other I frequent is a very well run forum, Lucianne.com. It is a conservative site where one posts articles from legitimate news sources and people comment. They are very strict about enforcing forum rules too. It's an excellent way to keep up to date on current events. Back on topic...Meguiar's can't be beat!

Comment

Here is another good one:

[Edit: Link removed due to non-family friendly content. -Mike Phillips]

(semi-NSFW for mild language, PG-13)

Have do add the WWW. I don't recall the current ruling on links.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdj View Post
        All excellent points. The nice thing about this forum is how well it is managed. The moderators keep on top of things.
        I agree
        I was a bit worried this would be a big Meguiar's pep rally of a forum when I found it. Much to my suprise there are some very open and positive threads involving non-Meguiar's products.

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post
          I agree
          I was a bit worried this would be a big Meguiar's pep rally of a forum when I found it. Much to my suprise there are some very open and positive threads involving non-Meguiar's products.
          Well said H-P. The link was very well put. I prefer this forum because of the moderators as well. Everyone is execptionally sightful, and even a novice can carry on a conversation with an expert without feeling less of a "Car Crazy" enthusaist.
          2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
          2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

It did bring up some very good points. In my mind it just solidifies my opinion of this forum. It is a very good forum. Well run and family friendly. Keep up the good work everyone.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I thought the video was an excellent example of how to behave on forums. While I do not see much of this on MOL, there are a couple of other forums I belong to that have members that like to write as though they are sending a text message, or write with Ebonics. I think it's just inappropriate for forums.

I have a Bachelor's degree in English Literature, so maybe I'm biased, but I typically tend to not respond or read posters that write in the above mentioned fashion.

Comment

Seen the first one before, the second one posted by Lt1Corvette is a new one to me.

Both are good, at least better than nothing, both have just a little too much material in them that don't measure up to our family friendly criteria which means I don't want my son watching them. They're not horribly bad but we run a very tight ship here and there's plenty of forums with less strict standards where this kind of material is completely at home.

While both video clips are very good, we're going to remove the links because of some of the content...

Thanks for understanding...

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That video was funny, but not "family Friendly" Still get the picture though. That's how most video game forums are. Meguiar's does an amazing job on this forum, especially Mike Phillips

I spend so much of my time on here, hopefully one day I will become a moderator or some other form of help down the road.
                  Matt

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');