• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT: Is it Durable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT: Is it Durable?

Does anyone know how long the protection is supposed to last with NXT since it is polymer now. I think Zaino use to last like 6 months. I just want to know b/c when i'm at school i dont get to wax my car very often and especially when winter comes forget that, so i want to know if I apply say a winter coat in November will it last all winter with the road salts and such. Thanks.

NXT Tech Wax has only been available for approximately 2 months now and readily available on store shelves for maybe a month so durability is not something that has been widely tested yet.

I have had it on my Mustang since January 14 and it has held up well so far. This is longer than I usually go but, I was curious to see how long it would last. I don't think you are going to get 6 months out of it and I think that is even stretching it for Zaino.
    Bob
    2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
    Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Just to chime in here,

There is a distinction between durability and protection. A substance that bonds or adheres strongly to a surface doesn't automatically mean that the substance is also protecting the surface.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

NXT: Is it Durable?

I sense a ripple in the continuum. I realize that "your mileage may vary," but the new posts are disturbing.

To wit: :http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...865#post319865

I'm delighted with the "look" of NXT and the boost from the NXT Spray Wax.

Is this another Moose Wax?

Comment

Well, I hope this is not the case with NXT. I NXT'd my Tahoe by hand, then I bought a PC and used DACP and NXT on my Porsche. Spent alot of time with this product over the last week. I'm pretty happy with the way my cars turned out compared to my old routine (clay bar, P21S GEPC by hand and P21S wax by hand). The reason why I tried NXT was that it was advertised as being every bit as good as anything out there appearance wise and it's supposed to be durable and last a long time. That was very appealing to me as I don't have the time to detail cars like I used to. If this stuff doesn't last any longer than P21S I'm going to have to look for something else, though my car has never looked better.

Comment

NXT

Mike, can you help us out?

Comment

Protection and Durability

As far as the early feedback on the durability and protection offered by NXT Tech Wax I can not comment on. There are just too many variables. Some people are seeing good results, while others are not.

I'll pass these comments on to my boss, but other than that, I don't really have any concrete answers. I also have a meeting this Wednesday with R&D, so I'll try to learn more about what makes a coating durable, and what makes a coating, protective. The can be two different things.

I'll be out finishing the Corvette for this thread,

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...=&threadid=218

And then I'm starting a before and after on a 1947 Plymouth Coupe using ColorX followd by NXT Tech Wax.

I'll try to pop in once and a while and see what's being posted.

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

NXT Durability

Do I sense a bit of doubt in your reply? I hope not. There is a lot at stake here.

Comment

No, no doubt at all, but protection and durability are hard things to prove. Making specific claims doesn't make sense because I have no control over product use and the variables that surround the entire topic.

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Just one persons experience... Well I had NXT on my truck for about two months. To me, it seemed as though it was still there protecting as it should, water was beading and sheeting off well. It was not as slick as when first applied but that’s to be expected. I park in the garage at night and during the two months we had snow, rain and plenty of road salts. In my opinion it held up well better than Deep Crystal Wax and #26. I did wax it again this weekend to give some #9 a try and the results were great and I topped it with NXT again.
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

the only reason why i worry about its durabilty/protection is b/c of the winters here in the northeast, it seems like no company thinks about all the road salts and how most people, including myself, do not have the resources to wax for the 4 months of winter from November to March. Last time I waxed my car with #26 was November and yesterday was the first day i was able to apply a fresh coat of wax and that was NXT. Now it's supposed to rain like everyother day and i dont want to take my car out b/c right now its parked in the garage b/c i'm on spring break.

Comment

dont you guys durability will greatly depend on the enviromental factors where you live,how often your car is outside,how often your car is washed and what type of saop it is washed with .also how much effort you put in to prepping the surface

Comment

Originally posted by mopar
                          dont you guys durability will greatly depend on the enviromental factors where you live,how often your car is outside,how often your car is washed and what type of saop it is washed with .also how much effort you put in to prepping the surface
                          Exactly............ that and a whole bunch more variables!
                          Boss_429

Comment

A lot of the people in the south don't realize just how much of a beat-down winter really is for a car's finish.

I did a double coat of MPPP on the wifemobile in late November. It was pretty obviously almost all gone in mid-January. We had a pretty rough winter up here, meaning not a lot of TOTAL snow, but a lot of snowfalls. If you get 3" of snow, the salt trucks are out and there isn't a lot of snow to dilute the concentration. A lot of 3" snowfalls are WAAAAY harder on a car than one 30" snowfall.

Tom
                            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                              Protection and Durability

As far as the early feedback on the durability and protection offered by NXT Tech Wax I can not comment on. There are just too many variables. Some people are seeing good results, while others are not.

I'll pass these comments on to my boss, but other than that, I don't really have any concrete answers. I also have a meeting this Wednesday with R&D, so I'll try to learn more about what makes a coating durable, and what makes a coating, protective. The can be two different things.

Mike
                              Hey Mike,
                              Did you find out anything yet from R&D about the durability and stuff like that? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');