• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tool Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Box

I have a uncaoted in bed tool box (Sits in the bed) and it is in need of a cleaning and I would like to know what chimical I should use to spray it down and hose it off. I just need something safe for the paint as it is in the bed bolted down!! Thanks in advance
    Removing stress & swirls one car at a time!

Re: Tool Box

I would probally use some All Purpose Cleaner from the Detailer line. Spray it on, it foams up, cleans, and then you can hose it off.

Comment

Same thing you would use on uncoated aluminum wheels. Either the Aluminum wheel cleaner or just soap and water.

Comment

But would an uncoated aluminum wheel cleaner be safe for the paint on the truck?

Comment

I didn't see that part until after it was too late to edit my post. Just wash it with soap and water. On a tool box in the bed, you shouldn't really have a need for anything more than that.

Comment

OK I will try that!! I justed used metal polish on it to remove the oxidation and WOW it bright but that was only on a 2"x2" area. The tool box has diamond tread on it and it would take me forever to polish every edge. YIKES!! So I will try soap and water and brush it. What would APC+ 10:1 do?

Comment

If it gets on the paint, it will probably remove the wax. May dull it over time too.

Comment

mask the paint with blue tape and news paper.... problem solved.... you can polish it all you want and not worry about the stuff getting onto the paint...

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
                  OK I will try that!! I justed used metal polish on it to remove the oxidation and WOW it bright but that was only on a 2"x2" area. The tool box has diamond tread on it and it would take me forever to polish every edge. YIKES!! So I will try soap and water and brush it. What would APC+ 10:1 do?
                  Try using some of the Meg's Metal polish and a Flitz polishing ball. I used this on a diamond plate toolbox of my buddy's, and it worked REALLY well. Put the polishing ball in a drill (I'd recommend a corded drill; battery operated ones generally don't hold up long enough for the work of the polisher to do the job) and polish away. I like the Flitz brand of polishing ball because it holds up better than the PowerBall, and the guy who sold it to me was beating on the edge of diamond plate with it, polishing away at the edge, and it didn't shred or anything. Wonderful product. And the All Metal Polysh (part of the NXT line) worked great on the chest. It also saved me a LOT of time in polishing by hand...I was able to polish it down in about an hour to a mirror shine.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');