• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Da ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da ????

OK this might sound strange, but I have bought a lot of product for both of my dark colored vehicles and I bought these product with the intentions of doing all work by hand. I have only done work to my vehicles by hand due to nervousness that I get about sticking a machine on these colors because I do not want to really mess up and be pissed off.

Now that I read the details about the G110 I see they say it is "swirl-Free". Call me crazy but I'm sure I could mess it up and get swirls in the dark paint.

Where do the pictures come from on this site showing all of the horror stories about swirls. how did these get in the paint.

Can a novice use this machine? How easy is it to use?

I have bought ScratchX, DC1, DC2 and NXT 2.0 wax would this help the process with these product? Or should I stick with applying it all by hand?

Any help would help me out on this matter
    Removing stress & swirls one car at a time!

Re: Da ????

First, the key is that you cannot damage the paint with a DA, short of dropping it. Yes, your first time, you might put a swirl or two in. But you will also take a lot of swirls out, even with no idea what you are doing. It certainly worked for me, and then has gotten better as I practiced. But any swirls you put in, you will also be able to remove, that is they are not severe swirls (unless you really did not follow our advice).

A few of the pics you see are taken after someone has used a cutting pad on the PC to try and clean the paint. This is not recomended. But then you see that those swirls can easily be removed as well.

Its pretty easy... I mean, your first time wont be as good/easy as your 20th time, but still, gotta start somewhere. There is a great DVD at autodetailingsolutions.com that will really give you confidence. I'd at least order that and start watching it.

Well... those products can be used by machine, (and even with a machine, you still need hand products to reach some spots anyway), but #80 would tend to be the main product used with a PC as far as cleaning/polishing. Your wax is fine either way.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ok I'm thinking about buying the G110 and need help figuring out what I should buy. My truck and car are in very good condition and have very very minor and few cobweb scratches in it. So I have bought ScratchX, DC1, Dc2 and NXT 2.0 and was going to tackel it by hand but now I think I would rather do it by DA. What else should I buy to detail the truck. I have browsed the sites and found this:
      1-G110 with velcro back plate
      3-W8006 polish pad
      3-W9006 Finish pad
      2-Ultimate Microfiber DA Polisher Bonnets
      Will all the cleaner and polish and wax that I have be ok for this application?
      Do you think I would be able to tackle this job being a novice? Because I do not want to put one swirl in my truck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post

What else should I buy to detail the truck. I have browsed the sites and found this:

1-G110 with Velcro back plate
        3-W8006 polish pad
        3-W9006 Finish pad
        2-Ultimate Microfiber DA Polisher Bonnets

Will all the cleaner and polish and wax that I have be ok for this application?

Do you think I would be able to tackle this job being a novice?

Because I do not want to put one swirl in my truck!!!
        If you're only using one type of wax then you really only need one or two finishing pads, really only one but it's nice to have an extra in case you drop the other one on the ground, that way you can switch to the clean pad and finish the car and clean the other pad later.

As for the W-8006 polishing pads, more is better. With the old Porter Cable unit, as the pad became saturated or wet with product the wet foam would **** all the power out of the motor and dissipate it and you would loose rotating action with your pad.

With our new G110, because it has more power, this shows up as more rotation power even if the pads become wet with product so you can get the job done with fewer pads.

But it's still nice to have at least 3-4 clean, dry polishing pads for a single car. One for the hood, one for the roof and deck-lid, one for each side.

As for chemicals, you have ScratchX and Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, the ScratchX is close to or equal to the cleaning power of our M82 Swirl Free Polish which is to say it's pretty mild as far as Swirl Mark Removers go.

So if you have a lot of swirls right now, you can start out trying the ScratchX but if it's not removing the swirls fast enough to your satisfaction then you may want to pick up a quart of M80 Speed Glaze which is quite a bit more aggressive than the ScratchX and the DCPC.

You won't know if ScratchX is strong enough until you actually try it out on a test spot on your truck's finish.

Wash and dry the car, clay if needed and then use the G110 to polish a section on the hood about a foot square, wipe off the residue and then inspect the paint, does it look better? As in are the swirls and scratches gone? If so continue doing the entire truck with this product and pad combo, if the swirls and scratches are not gone then you can try a second application of the ScratchX and see if a second application works, if it doesn't then you'll probably want to get something more aggressive, these would all be good choices and you might be able to find the #2 Fine Cut Cleaner in a local auto parts store.

M02 Fine Cut Cleaner
        M80 Speed Glaze
        M83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish

It's important to always test out a product and pad combo on a paint you've never machine cleaned and polished before to see how the paint reacts to the combination of product and pad as well as your skill level to use the machine.

Polishing paint is an art form that includes the human element of care and passion to achieve show car results.

Practice makes perfect.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The G110 is the best investment you are going to make, it's the best thing because it's very very safe but at the same time this machine will achieve results that by hand are impossible to get.

Remember to get more then 3 W8006 polishing pads, get 6 and you should be fine, with the W9006 finishing pad you could have 3 or so.

The products you have will work with the G110, maybe you could try using #80 Speed Glaze, a wonderful product, it's proven to be a must in my storage. Effective and it leaves the finish looking great.

Start out by using ScratchX or DC1, if the results are not what you expect then you could go for something more aggressive.

Comment

Ok sound good. Thanks for the advice. What is the correct steps in detailing the outside with the G110?
            1. Wash
            2. Dry
            3. Clay-Never done it so I really need to
            4. ScratchX or DC1 W/ Pad W8006
            5. Remove with What??
            6. DC2 W/ Pad W8006
            7. Remove with what??
            8. NXT 2.0 W/ W9006
            9. Remove W/ W9006 W/ Bonnet???
            10. NXT 2.0 W/ W9006
            11. Remove W/ w9006 W/ Bonnet???
            12. Stand back and admire

Are these the right steps???

Comment

See my comments in blue

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
              Ok sound good. Thanks for the advice. What is the correct steps in detailing the outside with the G110?
              1. Wash
              2. Dry
              3. Clay-Never done it so I really need to
              4. ScratchX or DC1 W/ Pad W8006
              5. Remove with What?? - Hand remove using clean microfiber
              6. DC2 W/ Pad W8006
              7. Remove with what?? - Hand remove using clean microfiber
              8. NXT 2.0 W/ W9006
              9. Remove W/ W9006 W/ Bonnet??? - NO - pad is too soft, use a W-7006 cutting pad for your bonnets
              10. NXT 2.0 W/ W9006
              11. Remove W/ w9006 W/ Bonnet??? - NO - pad is too soft, use a W-7006 cutting pad for your bonnets
              12. Stand back and admire

Are these the right steps???
              Yes.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

1. Wash
                2. Clay-Never done it so I really need to
                3. ScratchX or DC1 W/ Pad W8006
                4. DC2 W/ Pad W8006
                5. NXT 2.0 W/ W9006

All of the product you will remove them using Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel, remember to get as many towels as you can, you will want a dedicated towel for each product when removing.

If you want to use the microfiber bonnet when get a W7006 pad, it's more dense and firm then other pads and it will results better compared to the W8006 and W9006

Good luck

Comment

Oops guess that Mike already posted ahead of me! Darn you are fast jajajjaa

Comment

Guys I'm so glad I found this site. Very helpful!! A+++++

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');