• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help on Head-light Haziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Head-light Haziness

I have a G100, with 8006 to 9006 pads to LC pads...
    All I have to do is PlastX and it will do the job?
    OR Would #83 or #80 or Scratch X do the same job??
    And if it is still hazy or cloudy, I would then need to step up to do a wet-sand...am I right?

Any1 please help me??

Re: Help on Head-light Haziness

PlastX is the best product for the job and a great "tool" to have in your detailing arsenal.

Other products with the ability to clean/abrade the surface can work also but PlastX is the best product for the job.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      PlastX is the best product for the job and a great "tool" to have in your detailing arsenal.
      PlastX is awesome when working with headlights. My wife's Infiniti G35 had multiple etching and haziness in the headlights. I used PlastX with a foam applicator, removed with a microfiber and the results were brand new looking headlights.

PlastX is the way to go.
      Erick Lawson

2007 Ford F-150 / 2004 Infiniti G35

Comment

I've not tried PlastX yet, just used a polish called Autosol on a terrycloth towel. That worked REALLY good on the headlights.

HOWEVER!!! I don't want to continue using Autosol because it's something like $13 for an 8 or 10 oz tube (I don't remember what I last paid for it). I believe I can go down to PepBoys/AutoZone/Walmart and pick up PlastX for a lot less than that, so I'll probably end up going this route with PlastX.

Comment

If they are completely opaque then you will have to be pretty agressive to bring them back. Mine were to the point I was going to replace them but I went this route and was able to polish them back to near perfect. I started with 2000 grit wet or dry sandpaper and worked it until the haze(yellowing) was removed, use lots of water. Then used rubbing compound with an orbital buffer followed by polishing compound again with the buffer. Can also be done by hand but takes longer. Either way you do it take your time. Finished off with PlastX for the final polish and protection. I have found that PlastX is a great preventive to the yellowing and maintains the new look when used regularly.

Comment

TAKE3M 400 GRIT,MEGUIARS 1000 ,2000,3000 GRIT WITH WATER THEN USE MICRO FBER/WOOL PAD,SOLO COMPOUND USE A HIGH SPEED BUFFER ON2200 RPM THEN USE PLASTICX TO KEEP THEM CLEAR,IHAVE BEEN DOING HEADLIGHTS SINCE 2002 AND THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO DO THEM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');