• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Bay Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Bay Help Please

I clean my engine bay usually once a month but just with cloth/water etc,just do get some of the dirt of etc..

but i have seen a few engine bays on here looking perfect..

wondered what products are worth buying and using to get my engine bay looking brand new?

also any tips

Thank you in advance

anthony
    Pug 106 GTI Owner

MSN - bant15y@hotmail.com (Feel Free To Add)

Re: Engine Bay Help Please

We make some degreasers in our Professional Detailer Line that are good for engine detailing, you need to know what areas or components to avoid for your specific engine compartment so that you don't cause any damage.

After you cover up these areas you would basically spray the degreaser on, agitate with some brushes as best as you can and then spray the degreaser off. It's kind of messy because all the grease and grime on the engine that you wash off will end up on the ground under the car so keep that in mind when choosing a location to clean your engine.

After you get it clean a lot of people like to dress the engine compartment with some type of dressing, we make a number of product that can be used for this like our Hyper Dressing but you can also use some of our Vinyl Dressing on hoses and plastic components.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

ah i see...il go and check some of the products..

also i know which parts to cover up..

do meguiars sell any like scrubbing tools for the engine?
      Pug 106 GTI Owner

Comment

Originally posted by CherryGTI View Post

do meguiars sell any like scrubbing tools for the engine?
        Not really, the best thing to do is to gather up a variety of brushes, look through the cleaning section of a store like Target or Wal-Mart, (not sure what you have in the UK that is similar to this), and you can usually find some brushes that will work.

Auto parts stores should have some too.

Even some paint brushes can help to get into hard to reach places to agitate the cleaners to loosen and remove grime.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Target and Wal-mart nope defently not over here,we have halfords.but i remember them shops when i been to florida haha there everywhere..

thank you i will stick with paintbrush's my dad's a decorator so have some really good ones,il pinch some more
          Pug 106 GTI Owner

Comment

As funny as it might sound, a toilet brush works good too.
            Scott

Comment

It is true not too funny if clean but if already used to clean bathroom, then yes it is funny.LOL

If your car is recent and have no antirust just use a bit of water and a mit with car soap and then brush the hard to access area. Then rinse lightly and start the car or blow the excess of water with a air pressure hose / vacuum. Then dress up when dry and remove excess of product after 10-15 minutes. Looks like brand new. This is the part in my opinion that blow people out the must. When they see their engine bay so clean, they do in their pants.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                As funny as it might sound, a toilet brush works good too.
                Didn't want to list that one but you're right, it's bendable and expendable and works pretty good for some areas.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by CherryGTI View Post
                  Target and Wal-mart nope defently not over here,we have halfords.but i remember them shops when i been to florida haha there everywhere..

thank you i will stick with paintbrush's my dad's a decorator so have some really good ones,il pinch some more
                  Paint brushes work great, see if you can get different bristle stiffness as well.
                  AeroCleanse, LLC
                  Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                  www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

does anyone use a tire foam or shine on the plastic under there?

Comment

Originally posted by spence82 View Post
                      does anyone use a tire foam or shine on the plastic under there?
                      I use tire foam on certain engines.

Comment

thanks for all the idea's ppl will soon get on with it when i get a day of (one day)
                        and give it a good clean take some pictures and see what you all think

thanks again
                        Pug 106 GTI Owner

Comment

Go to local auto parts store, ask for a round parts cleaning brush. That or a round stiff bristle paint brush. It works wonders for those tight, or extra grimy spots

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');