• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Class #1 - Pictures & Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Class #1 - Pictures & Comments

Advanced Class #1 - Pictures & Comments
    Meguiar's Car Care 201
    Saturday March 22nd, 2008

This is our first Advanced Class coordinated through our forum and building on the foundation laid by our Car Care 101 Classes since 2002

These classes are limited to approximately 15 people to keep a high Instructor to Student ratio. There are 3 more Advanced Classes scheduled for this year, anyone interested can reply to the sign-up threads for these classes when they are posted and then students are picked using an electronic lottery system.

Here's the schedule for the rest of the year.

2008 Advanced Class Schedule

Look for pictures and comments from this first class next week!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Advanced Class #1 - Pictures & Comments

Here's the final list of students for this Saturday's class...

1. 1fastsedan
    2. n737nc
    3. kpagel
    4. corvetmike
    5. cafemoc
    6. ZoranC
    7. Xtreme-Klean
    8. steadydaddy
    9. Dennis Brandt
    10. stevec
    11. MaximusZTS
    12. 2KLS1
    13. seanbreaux
    14. CDale
    15. brickyardz
    16. pieboy100
    17. the other pc

Congratulations to those who will be attending this Saturday's class, we guarantee you're going to have a great time at Meguiar's Garage and learn a lot about Meguiar's products and the advanced techniques for removing paint defects for using them to create a show car shine.

See you here Saturday Morning!

Also, if you're in the area, remember Nick and I will be at Meguiar's Garage on Friday afternoon until around 8:00pm to 9:00pm having some fun, so if you're close by or in town then please stop by, here's the link with information about this.

Meet & Greet This Friday Night @ Meguiar's Garage!

This Friday night we will have a casual Meet & Greet here at Meguiar's Garage where our local forum members will have a chance to come down and meet Nick Chapman, aka n737nc from Dallas, Texas who's flying in for our Advanced Class this Saturday.

Meet & Greet will start at 2:30pm at Meguiar's Garage and go till about 9:00pm.

Nick and Jim from Dallas, Texas!
    (Jim won't be with us this time, just Nick)

Click here for more information or to sign-up!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

While the class starts on Saturday, Nick's flight arrived early so we took a tour of Car Crazy Studios then Meguiar's Corporate Office where Nick had a chance to meet Barry and then later for lunch we went to BJ's Pizza in Balboa Beach and then a walk down the pier.

And in the spirit of our sunny SoCal weather we toured around in a full convertible soaking up the warm!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

We had stellar group of enthusiasts at Meguiar's for our Advanced Car Care 201 Class today! We hope everyone that attended had as much fun as we did and came away from the class with an increased knowledge of the proper methods for removing serious paint defects and restoring a show car shine using hand and machine sanding techniques as well as the rotary buffer to remove the sanding marks and restore a show car shine!

Here's our class, reading willing and eager to learn.

Barry stopped by and answered questions and shared a few car guy stories!

Mike Pennington has everyone's attention!

More pics on Monday!

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Nick looks more bothered and annoyed then a person having a good time. I would be thrilled to have that opportunity!

Jet lag?

Comment

Many thinks to Meguiar's, Mike Pennington and Mike Phillips inviting us for the very first advanced class, and yes! class was awesome.
            M105 was very impressive, totally different from 84/85!

I'm very fortunate to learn from the best in business!

03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Comment

Thanks again to the Meguiar's team and a pleasant surprise to meet Barry in person, easy to see Barry is a "Car Crazy" just like the rest of us!

Comment

Thank You Barry Meguiar, Meguiar's, all Mikes, and everybody else that made this wonderful gift of knowledge possible!

Comment

Thank you to all, I can't say enought thanks to Meguiar's for putting on these classes for free no less. Mike and Mike you made this class very informative and easy to enjoy. I am really looking foward to the Advanced Part 2 class, ha, ha. I can't make it down for the night class (to far to drive) But I would be up for one more class on removing damage to your paint once the car is many years old. I know I now need a rotary buffer, and I think I can get past the fear of using one on my own car. I really learned a lot and even my wife said she learned a lot. I am sure she knows more than anyone in our club on how to use a rotary buffer (even if she didn't get splatered like all of us). Even with Mr Meguiar stopping by I think the class was just about long enough, maybe another hour longer would have been better. It was really nice to meet Mr Meguiar in person. As a matter of fact it would be nice if he could come by for every advanced class, just kidding I know he is very busy. Well thanks again and hope to see you guys again.
                  Drive it before we are out of gas.

Comment

All I can say is Wow!!! What a great day. Even Barry showed up for a brief visit with some great experiences that he shared with us.

Thanks to the team "Mike" (Pennington & Phillips). Very impressive class with great information to take our skill level to a higher place.

I have never considered color sanding and am always in awe of people that take on that challenge, but after this class I can see myself taking some baby steps on my daily driver.

The M105 applied to those sanding marks were no match. After a few passes with a wool pad the finish looked like a mirror. It was hard to believe what that one product did to a scoured finish.

I will be placing an order for Unigrit sandpaper and M105 as soon as ADS replenishes its stock.

Thanks again "Mike's" and good luck to the next lucky group that get to go to this venue.

Comment

Thanks to Meguiars and Mike X2 (Phillips & Pennington) for putting on a great class and giving us the opportunity to feel more comfortible using a rotary buffer and color sand a paint finish. While there is still much more to learn, which will only come with time and experience, this is definately a great way to start and give one the confidence to continue knowing we really can do this.

M105 is an amazing product and it was hard to believe I could buff out 2000 grit sanding marks on a paint finish with a wool pad and only see very slight swirl marks. More impressive is the fact this product can also be applied by hand. Yes Mike, I did read the directions!

Hey Mike look, I am still posting...lol. Guess you didn't scare me to much! Also made it home safely as can be told by this post. Reached there 8:30pm. A long day yes, but one very, very, very worth it to me.

Thanks again to all and Barry Meguiar too, for his un planned visit. Now if all car surfaces were flat this would be easy!!!!

Comment

A big thanks to Mike Pennington, and Mike Phillips for teaching this class. I would also like to thank Barry Meguiar for dropping in and telling some good stories. I really enjoyed being at the class, it really boosted my confidence and allowed me to experience other aspects of detailing (i.e. Machine/ hand sanding) which I hadn't really tried before. Although I attended this class, I by no means consider myself a pro now. I do however feel a whole lot more comfortable and can't wait to keep practicing using the skills and techniques I learned while at the class. Thanks again.
                        Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Man you guys are so lucky you got to attend that class. I wish i could of gone. Hope you guys had fun and learned alot. I cant wait till i go to an advanced class.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverado 03 View Post
                            Hope you guys had fun and learned alot.
                            We sure did have fun! Best part was I got to splatter everyone within the throw, nobody managed to escape my attempts!

Comment

Originally posted by brickyardz View Post
                              Thanks to Meguiar's and Mike X2 (Phillips & Pennington) for putting on a great class and giving us the opportunity to feel more comfortable using a rotary buffer and color sand a paint finish.
                              You are very welcome, but thanks again to all that attended. Even though it was a beautiful day outside, you guys gave us your time, attention and enthusiasm...

While there is still much more to learn, which will only come with time and experience, this is definitely a great way to start and give one the confidence to continue knowing we really can do this.
                              Well said

Mike, I did read the directions!

Hey Mike look, I am still posting...lol. Guess you didn't scare me to much!

Also made it home safely as can be told by this post. Reached there 8:30pm. A long day yes, but one very, very, very worth it to me.

Thanks again to all and Barry Meguiar's too, for his un planned visit. Now if all car surfaces were flat this would be easy!!!!

Originally posted by Erik Mejia View Post
                              I really enjoyed being at the class, it really boosted my confidence and allowed me to experience other aspects of detailing (i.e. Machine/ hand sanding) which I hadn't really tried before. Although I attended this class, I by no means consider myself a pro now. I do however feel a whole lot more comfortable and can't wait to keep practicing using the skills and techniques I learned while at the class. Thanks again.
                              This means we succeeded

Mike
                              Mike Pennington
                              Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                              Meguiar's, Inc.
                              800-854-8073
                              mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');