• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove industrial paint spotting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove industrial paint spotting?

Hi, the back of my car has been dotted with what looks like small dots of white gloss paint (car was parked near building site at time). I have used many excellent meguirs products on my car including, scratch x, 3 stage deep crystal system, NXT tech wax. My car looks great but these spots just cant be shifted! They seem to be bonded on quite strongly as i cant remove them with my finger nail.

Any suggestions on how to remove the spots would be great

Thanks in advance

James
    Ibiza Cupra 20VT

Hey,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!!

My suggestion would be to use Meguiar's Quik Clay Detailing System.

Years ago, clay was designed for overspray removal. So it should work well for you. Make sure to use plenty of clay lubricant (comes with the clay) and then wipe off with a 100 % cotton terry towel.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks for the reply Tim. I've just ordered the Meguiar's Quik Clay Detailing Sustem and while I was there some Clear coat body scrub. I'll keep you posted

Cheers

James
      Ibiza Cupra 20VT

Comment

WOW! is all I can say. I used the quick detailer / clay bar to remove the paint spots today, at first I wasnt sure they were going to shift. With a little elbow grease the back of my car is now spot free. Can't believe what an excellent product this is

James
        Ibiza Cupra 20VT

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');