• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deep crystal &NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deep crystal &NXT

Hi,

I am thinking of using the Deep Crystal Paint cleaner, followed by the Deep Crystal polish and topping it off with the NXT wax.
    I have a black Acura TL that has some minor swirl marks and was
    wondering if this would be a good procedure to use.

thanks
    Frank

that sounds like a very good combination especially on darkr colours

Comment

deep crystal & nxt

Do you think putting a coat of Gold Class paste wax on and then
      putting the NXT over the top would add to the depth of the shine?
      Or should I put the Gold Class over the NXT?

Thanks
      Frank

Comment

are you gonna do the step 1 and step 2 and then gold class and then nxt.?i dont think you would have to use gold class at all step 2 is a pure polish i would do a couple of applications of that and then a couple of the nxt with the nxt you should let it cure 12 to 24 hours between the coats.in my experiences nxt has been far superior to the gold class.good luck

Comment

I used the Deep Crystal Step 1 and 2 then NXT worked great! I have some photos on the link in my signature area under “My truck with a fresh coat of NXT”. I second what mopar said NXT is a great wax but I would do one coat then wait 12 hours or so for the second, that is exactly what I did and the results are impressive!
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

deep crystal & nxt

Thanks for the comments and advice. I have been using Klasse
            AIO & SG topped with P21S, but have wanted to try something different. I ordered the Deep Crystal step 1 and 2 and the NXT wax. I already own a Porter Cable buffer and look forward to a break in the weather so that I can detail my car with the Meguiar
            products when I receive them. I will try to take some before and after pictures when I do it.

thanks
            Frank

Comment

question

Do I need to remove the Klasse by washing the car with
              Dawn before using the Meguiars or will the Deep Crystal 1 & 2
              take care of that?

thanks
              Frank

Comment

#1 will remove it. Leave the dawn alone when it comes to car care. Just use a high quality car wash soap.

Comment

^^so true leave the dish saop for the dishes

Comment

I'm going to do this combo on my black Acura TSX this weekend. I've had it almost a year and there's some spiderwebbing and swirl marks that I want to get rid of. I'll try to remember to take before and after pics and post them!
                    Last edited by Corbon91; Mar 12, 2004, 08:30 AM.

Comment

tasdisr,

I've tried NXT over GC, and I thought it looked pretty good. Someone else might not have seen a difference, though. It certainly doesn't hurt. Plus, you get to use up all that stuff.

Tom
                      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Re: question

Originally posted by tasdisr
                        Do I need to remove the Klasse by washing the car with
                        Dawn before using the Meguiars or will the Deep Crystal 1 & 2
                        take care of that?

thanks
                        Frank
                        Go to Target and get a gallon of Gold Class Shampoo...Great stuff.
                        r. b.

Comment

I used step 1 & 2 topped with NXT wax on my TSX this weekend. It took about 4-5 hours to wash, prep, polish, and wax my baby. I washed the car with NXT wash and did everything by hand. I wanted to take some pics before I started to prep it but unfortunately, it was a cloudy morning so I couldn't get some good pictures of the scratches and spider-webbing on it.

Here's some pics:
                          This was after I did step 1 & 2.

Pic of the trunk after 1 & 2. There was still a bit of spider-webbing left.

The trunk after NXT (pic taken from opposite angle). Spider-webbing is a bit less.

to be continued....
                          Last edited by Corbon91; Mar 15, 2004, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Pic of the front after NXT. No scratches or spider-webbing here!

Look how wet it looks!!!!

Baby got back!!!!
                            Last edited by Corbon91; Mar 14, 2004, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Pic of the hood. A little spider-webbing here.

Very nice!!!

Bottom line, I'm very impressed with the Deep Crystal system and NXT wax. I'm sure I would have gotten better results if I used a rotary buffer or something but still, I got great results. I did use circular motions while applying steps 1 & 2. Next time, I'll try going in straight lines. Maybe that'll reduce the spiderwebs even more. The color looks deeper just like when I bought the car. Thanks Meguiars!!!
                              Last edited by Corbon91; Mar 15, 2004, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');