• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dressings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dressings

Ok, I feel I have a good understanding of Megs polishes, cleaners and waxes but I'm having truoble understanding the differences in dressings. For example; what's the difference between all season vs. silicon-free vs. hyper-dressings? I want something to use on this black bed cover on my brother-in-law's truck. Once it's cleaned of course!

I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Re: Dressings

I try to answer based on my under standing and experience.

Hyperdressing - Used for engine/engine bay dressing as well wheel weld (its water based so if apply external will wash off by water/rain easily)

All season dressing - Used for all exterior rubber and plastic surfaces, i use to dress tyre as well.

Silicone free dressing - Not available in my country but i believe its very similar to ASD just that it won't give u oil/silicone feeling after apply.

For ur truck, i would suggest u go for M40 http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-vinyl-r...er-Conditioner

Hope this help.

Comment

I'd go ASD, it is the longest lasting it seems.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

That cover looks painted. I'd go with ASD.

Comment

This will sound funny ,but I have one of those top and the only thing that I could get to make it look its best was Ultimate Quik Detailer. Mine did not like any of the dressing. UQD gave it a great shine just like it does on paint!!!

Comment

I would go with the all season dressing. I have had much success using it.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

ASD it is then. Thanks folks.

Comment

I am all for ASD as well... All Season Dressing Rocks!
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Wow, what a loyal bunch of fans. It's on my for sure list now. GB that hi-tech applicator pad in your link, you still use that or something else now?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Playr View Post
                    Wow, what a loyal bunch of fans. It's on my for sure list now. GB that hi-tech applicator pad in your link, you still use that or something else now?

Thanks.
                    Still use the applicator pads, when applying ASD to anything but tires. Tires seem the really tear up the applicators so I buy the cheapest whatever I can find to apply ASD to my tires.
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I just bought a whole bunch of applicators at Wal Mart for $1 (qty. of 2). They were by the car care area in the $1 bin. I figured it would be great for the tires or trim. Just thought I'd pass this along.
                      Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                      www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                      Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by g88 View Post

Silicone free dressing - Not available in my country but i believe its very similar to ASD just that it won't give u oil/silicone feeling after apply.
                        Silicone Free Dressing is a product that body shops can use to dress rubber, plastic and vinyl surfaces without contaminating their shop with silicones or any other ingredient that could cause surface adhesion problems when spraying fresh paint.

Of course anyone can use it, but that was the primary target market for this product as body shops have special needs for their shop environment.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');